Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition on BADI's parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was having a requirement of checking some conditions on the parameters, that were not in Import Export Changing/Tables of a BADI in which i had a method for my additional code.

How to place a condition in such scenarios if the required parameters doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member320332
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are trying to access variables inside BADI which are not available as Import/Export parameter of BADI. IF these variables are global

variables of the program then you can read this varaibles inside BADI by use of field symbols.

Field-symbol <fs> type any,

Assign ( ' (Program name)variable' ) to <fs>. --- program name is main program of your transaction & variable is the data you want to access.

In <FS> you will get the variable data.

Thanks,

Pawan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you need to provide more information on the transaction, the flow etc...in general other than the interface of the method in the BADI you can also look at the attributes of the BADI class and see if it has any attributes that might be of use..there are other ways too, but you might have to provide more information on your requirement to get more helpful answers.

Regards,

Chen

former_member320332
Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you are trying to access variables inside BADI which are not available as Import/Export parameter of BADI. IF these variables are global

variables of the program then you can read this varaibles inside BADI by use of field symbols.

Field-symbol <fs> type any,

Assign ( ' (Program name)variable' ) to <fs>. --- program name is main program of your transaction & variable is the data you want to access.

Thanks,

Pawan

0 Kudos

This will work only if the variables are "Global" & the program is loaded in the internal memory when the BAdI is executed!

BR,

Suhas

PS: I agree with what Chen has mentioned. If you need better & more detailed responses, you need to provide more info.

0 Kudos

Thanks pawan it resolved mu problem.