cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post processing after system copy from standalone to cluster enviornment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done a system copy(Backup restore method) from a standalone quality BW (QBW) system to cluster environment (TBW).

The steps I have followed as follows.

. setup the machines in the cluster environment ( Windows 2003 EE server,sql 2005 SP3)

. Backup the current database in the source system

. Given a different SID (TBW) during the System copy installation .its a dual stack installation.

. Restore the database in the target system and select the back up restore method during the system copy database installation step.

.The installation completed successfully and i m having some doubts regarding the post processing steps after this .

We want to retain the same client in the target system ,for this i need to rename the logical name .Kindly assist me for changing the logical name for the extraction of BW delta process from extraction server to BW system and also the other steps I have to follow after system copy.

Thanks

Arun Padikkal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can run BDLS to change the logical name of the client.

Also, for dual stack system, backup restore method does not work because for Java information lies in the file system. So after backup restore, you can face problem which starting java instance.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sunny for the reply.I have tried BDLS and its not taking the new logical system name.I have faced some issues for starting the Java stack in the dialog instance after system copy and i have solved the issue. My scenarios for the post processing steps as explained below.

1. My Quality BW system (QBW) is connected to quality refresh ECC system for extraction purpose which is working fine in my current live environment.

2. I have installed the new BW system (TBW) in cluster by doing the system copy process from QBW (Current quality BW system) to TBW (newly installed system)

My query is, can we have multiple BW systems (QBW,TBW) pointing to quality refresh system since my QBW is already connected to quality refresh and I am not able to connect my new TBW system to the same quality refresh for different extraction, testing purpose .

Thanks

Arun Padikkal

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to run BDLs multiple times

for example convert PBWCLNT100 to QBWCLNT100

convert PRDCLNT100 to QASCLNT100

make sure you check OFF the test run checkbox.