Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing messages in session method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am executing session using the program name rsbdcsub after executing the session mehtod I wanted to capture the messages at runtime.

Can anyone tell me how can I capture the messages at runtime.

This line is perticularly for Vinod Kumar who rejected my post as basic questions,

Vinod Kumar Please read the thread before rejecting.

Regards,

Sagar

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar, have you gone through the wiki posts : [How to process BDC session programatically and capture errors instead of manual SM35|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/HowtoprocessBDCsessionprogramaticallyandcaptureerrorsinsteadofmanualSM35] & [Batch Input FAQ|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/BatchInputFAQ]

Regards, Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for reply and not rejecting my thread :).

I have already gone thorugh the link which u have send this is for only error message.

My requirement is something like

Please let me know if u have any solution for this.

Thanks again.

Sagar

0 Kudos

If you want to avoid misunderstandings in the future, then please explain a bit more about why your problem isn't one that could be solved by a quick web research. We have too many people here trying to get their work done by others, and of course "thanks in advance".

A quick trace of SM35 via transaction SAT (old: SE30) showed that the session log is a Temse-object that can be read via function modules RSTS_OPEN_RLC, RSTS_READ and RSTS_CLOSE. It seems that there is no convenient wrapper function for this stuff in the standard, so once you came up with yours, please post it in the SCN ABAP wiki

Thomas

0 Kudos

@Thomas, thanks for the clarification.

@Sagar, Refer to the second Wiki post, which gives the entire log generated through the session method, not only the error messages. To capture the specific value after the processing, you have to check the log records and the corresponding value in structure field BDCLM-MPAR.

Regards, Vinod

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue not resolved