Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding dataset from RSS feed

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone explain me step by step procedure to add dataset from RSS feed? My main concern is how will I create a dedicated RSS feed and sync it with my R/3 to fetch data from it?

Cordially,

Danish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey thanks everyone for your posts... i found the solution myself...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danish,

I was wondering if you could share your solution? I am trying to do something similar and haven't been able to successfully get the data imported the way I want.

I've created a standard RSS feed, but that format really doesn't seem to be conducive to communicating data rows.

Thanks,

Nate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Publishing an RSS feed should only require entering the valid URL for the feed.

Clicking on Import RSS Feed should provide you with a dialog to enter the RSS Feed URL. Are you receiving errors after entering the URL?

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for your reply Tony, however I just dont know how to create that RSS and link it with my BI on demand.

I need the step by step process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are you pulling the feed from exactly? Is it from an application that can generate a feed? If you let me know the application, I can try to replicate the steps (providing I have such a system).

//tony

Danish
Explorer
0 Kudos

My requirement is that I will be scheduling the data download from SAP to my server or my computer and I need that data to be uploaded to BI onDemand through RSS feed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danish,

Here are the steps.

1. Go to https://bi.ondemand.com and login with your username and password.

2. Click Add New and select "Add Dataset"

3. Select "Import RSS Feed"

4. Enter your RSS feed url and click "Add Dataset"