SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business partner creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in my business partner creation there is a Zfield for connection object, now i want to make this as a required filed, i mean if the connection object doesn't exists , then the BP should not be created.

can any body have idea on this.

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have implemented it as a z-field, then you can define the field as mandatory in your custom logic. The BDT enables that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your only requirement is to make a particular field in the BP master mandatory, then you can do it through setting it as Screen variant through the transaction code -SHD0.

You have to set the Z field as required entry, while setting the screen variant.

Hope it Helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have implemented it as a z-field, then you can define the field as mandatory in your custom logic. The BDT enables that.

0 Kudos

Hi,

BDT information is available at [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/BusinessDataToolset+%28BDT%29].

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at the transaction BUS7. Here in the DCHECK event you can attach your custom function module. Please add your FM at the end of the sequence. So the 'Item' number of your custom event will be greter than the existing FMs. You can see the reference FM ISU_BUPA_EVENT_DCHCK to get an idea how the business partner data will be fetched from screen / memory. You can use those PERFORM or FM to get the business partner related data in your custom FM.

You can do all the data validations here and based on that you can raise an exception if the connection object has not been entered by user.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi above all..

thanks for your valuable info, i will go through that, and i will let you know. it was very help full for me.

cheers.