cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying a file-IDOC scenario. When I execute the scenario, I get an erro msg in SXMB_MONI. The error msg I get is "Receiver service cannot be converted into an ALE logical system".

Any inputs on this would be of great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can always change name of business system either in SLD (if you have access) or in receiver agreement (in Header Mapping section it's Sender Service or Receiver Service). Use transaction WE20 in non XI system to check partner profile.

/wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am lost some where. The data is coming fom source to XI. SO why do I need to change sender details? How should I change the entry in WE20?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

dont care about we20. When your IDoc is posted successfully to R/3 you can look to we02 for status and may be change partner agreement in WE20. But now you have a XI IDoc adapter error. Just do what Krishna an me recommended. You have to configure your business system either in SLD or in IB Directory.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked the SLD. There is a logical system name assigned to the technical system (LS08). Also I looked into adapter specific details, it cotains the logical system name LS08.

Am I missing some thing?

Thanks ,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the adapter specific details I can find the R/3 System Id and CLient? Is it the cause of error?

If so how can I solve the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Please go through all the steps that i have mentioned one by one and see if it works...

Regards,

Abhy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Please check the following:

1. Give an ALE name for the sender system (file adapter) also.

- Go to Integration Directory - > double click on your business system (for file system) -> services -> Adapter-Specific Identifiers..... Here if there is no logical system, Please do give the ALE Logical System name that is maintained in the SLD. if you are giving the Logical system name, do save and then activate the changes made.

2. When you create a business service, goto the menu option Service->Adapter-specific Identifiers and mention the ALE configuration information details.

3. At first we should check if our Logical System Name is correctly maintained in the SLD:

- go to the SLD - Technical system -> Client number -> Logical System Name and make sure your business system name is there .

4. Then we have import the LS name to the XI Directory:

- go to your Business System -> Service -> Adapter Specific Identifiers.

- import the business system name from the SLD using the "Compare with SLD" button

- Activate the changes and you can check your if your configuration works.

5. If none of the above is the cause... then probably you'll need to refresh the cache and still if it doesnt work you need to implement OSS note: 791181 (which deals with an error caused by a header mapping)

Also Check the following blog.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

I hope it helps......

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to Business System->Menu->Service->Adapter Specific Idenmtifiers and give the Logical system name. Or check is this Business system is pointing to correct R/3 system

Refer this -

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Regards,

Moorthy

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

check the SLD entry (logical system name) of the Business System (file sender). Assumedly its empty. You can configure as well in IB Directory: service/adapter specific identifier

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your partner profile on receiving system. It should be the same as Business system name.

regards,

wojtek