cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FD32 risk category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, in my customer master , i have customer classification A,B and C depending on a the payment frequency of the customers(survey carried out by business).

In credit master, i wish to populate the risk category with the same values that are in the customer master field customer classification..

1) Can this be done automatically?

2) Since risk categories are not yet defined, what would be the impact of creating them(A,B,C) in Financial accounting -> AR and AP-> Credit management-> Credit control area -> Define risk categories.

The requirement is only to visualize the customer classification field in risk category. No additional functionality needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This probably can be done.

However Credit Master and Customer Master have different Org Structures, so you may not be able to map the data,

If the Customer class in the customer master is at say General level, but there is more than one CCA then it will be hard to map, as the risk category is at CCA level.

Risk Category, can impact credit decisions, and therefore it is worth checking your config.

Lastly, it could be worth generating a report to show when the Customer classification field has been changed. The output could be passed to a team to make the changes in the credit masters.

The thing to consider here, is the volume of changes that you expect after you have done your data load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks mark. In my case, most customers are assigned to only 1 company code.credit management is used only for reporting purposes. We have only 1 credit control area for all customers(since it is only for reporting) and customer classification is at general level. No blocking functonality is present. Credit control(OVA8) is also not implemented.

I'll try looking for a report for the customer classification changes and request creation of risk categories A, B and C .

EDIT: i've found program RFDABL00 which shows changes to customer master over a period.

Edited by: Antish Awootar on Jun 6, 2011 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antish,

The program you have got there - runs like a dog - pretty poor.

What you could look to do, is to use the sensitive fields options - so only certain people can change them, and their job is to update the credit master

You could also use the "request for change" on master data.

Both scenarios would alert business users to make the change.

I believe you can use some ABAP to make the change automatically - but you need to consider the volume of customers that will be changing

Answers (0)