cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ke27

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am curious about the ke27, but still unable to get my hands on a client to test this.

As to my knowledge, it is the periodic valuation which will update the cost component structure into COPA value field, which should be run every period. My question is:

- is this transaction a must?

- the value which will be used for updating the value field is the actual cost component split, is this one correct?

Please kindly suggest

Thank you very much

BR, Erwin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin ,

KE27 is applicable only when Material Ledger is active . This is only required to transfer the delta ( Actual COGS- Std COGS ) to COPA ..

We run KE27 only by ML closing is completed and the results are analyzed ..

Value fields to be used are same as one used in COGS.. remeber the delta COGS will flow thru KE27.

Regards

Sarada

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

1st of all, as Christian said, Its not a MUST...

I will demonstrate a practical scenario where in I used it w/o ML....

Standard cost was calculated at Year Start.. At each Period end, we used to calculate a revised cost estimate using 2nd Costing variant 9090 and save it in PLANNED PRICE field.... i.e. This cost did not revise the Std cost

COGS posted in COPA is based on Std Cost estimate where as Client also wanted to see COGS based on revised cost estimate... For that, you need to do following steps

1. Create a Costing Key in KE40 - Specify Costing variant as 9090

2. Ke4U - Val Strategy - Create a Val Strategy Z001 for PV = 02 (Periodic Valuation) / Record Type F

3. Assign this costing key to Mat Type in KE4J / KEPC for PV=02, record Type F

4. Assign Cost Comp Str to VF in KE4R for PV=02.... Here, its better to assign separate value fields than for PV=01.... This will post total revised COGS in new VF

If you use same VF, it will post only the delta in those VF, as christian said

Now, execute KE27... You should be able to sail through

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian and Ajay...., KE27 w/o ML senario just skipped from my thought..

Thanks for pointing it out.........................

Regards

Sarada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Big thanks to the three of you

@Ajay

When you said 😘 we used to calculate a revised cost estimate using 2nd Costing variant 9090 and save it in PLANNED PRICE*

Do you mean updating the planned price under the future price field?

Is it possible to save a cost estimate in the planned price 1 field - as to my knowledge, this field can only be updated manually ?

I have tried customizing the costing type to update in the no 4. Prices Other than standard price

But when i was trying to release it during ck24, the marking allowance does not allow the update to the field other than standard price. Please throw more guidance on this one

Thank you very much in advance for your help

BR, Erwin

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In CK24 dont click on Marking Allowance OR RELEASE button

Just click on "Other Prices" and you can choose the Field where you want to update your cost estimate.. you have the choice of Planned Price 1/2/3, Tax Price, Comm Price, etc

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I can get my hands on a client to test the ML at last

But, i am now having a problem while updating the actual cost component split from ML into COPA using periodic valuation. When i run ke27, the values from the CKMCCD are updated to each value fields based on the customizing. However the value field "cogs" which is used in transferring the VPRS from SD is not updated.

The message said "value field VV140 is not changed by periodic valuation"

Can you guys please suggest what to do or check in this situation?

Really appreciate all your help

Thank you very much in advance

BR, Erwin

Reason for edit: did some more additional testing, and post the result in the above paragraph

Edited by: Erwin Hartono on Jun 8, 2011 12:37 PM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

As far as I know, VPRS is not revaluaed due to ML Costing run... It only revaluates the Cost Comp Split, which you have already achieved

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Actually, this problem is solved when i use the other value field, and not the one maintained for VPRS.

Well, i am curious though, then, which value field do u usually assign for in :

Define Access to Actual Costing / Material Ledger?

Thank you very much

BR, Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

Value field assigned in "Define Access to Actual Costing / Material Ledger" is used to transfer total cost to COPA; or in other words you can say the sum of cost components in periodic unit price.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tayyab,

Yes, that is the sum for the cogs.

My question now is, usually, which value field is maintained there?

the "normal" cogs from vprs, or is it better to create a new one for the "revaluated" cogs?

In my opinion, it is the last one, what do you think?

Thanks

BR, Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwin,

You need to create new value field for this probably naming "COGS Alternative" or like that. Primarily; all value fields you wanna use for actual costing should be different from standard, this will eradicate multiple issues.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Thanks for all who participated.

BR, Erwin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

KE27 is not a must.

KE27 does not require ML.

Be careful when using the same value fields as for actual postings, KE27 creates a delta line item (point of valuation COPA_BWZPT = 1) but as per my knowledge this BWZPT is not part of the SAP standard extractor for business warehouse.

So it can be an andvantage (if you want to extract COPA data to BW) to use different value fields for the revaluation results and extract the whole CO-PA content (as there is no need to take care about BWZPT because of different value fields).

BR Christian