cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using SAP during read only database

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i'm checking the consistency of our standby databse, i issued command "recover managed standby database cancel;" it said managed standby recovery not active. I continued issuing command "alter database open read only;" then the database is altered.

I turned on SAP through SAP MMC with success.But when I tried accessing it through SAP GUI, it comes with an error:

SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY.

what am I missing here? I wanted to check the consistency of data in our standby database.

thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your answer is in:

Note 817253 - FAQ: Open a Database Read only

5. Is it possible to run a SAP System like R/3, BW etc. with a DB opened read only?

No. ...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all for your reply, it seems it is really not possible to access those tcodes with database open as read only. I've activated it to physical like the primary one and i got no problem with the logon and those tcodes. But I've encountered a more challenging error. Please see the thread that will post next. It's about turning back this standby database to its standby state.

Thank you for your support!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karshbax,

If you are getting the erro SNAP_NO_NEW_ENTRY there are high chances that your transaction log space if full. Please take the log back up to free up the transaction log space and then you would be able to execute any transaction at the SAP level.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in DB02 , May be Log space is full.

Thanks

kiran.GVL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the command on primary server

SQL> archive log list

it will show you the current archive log no.

Now run same command on standby database

SQL>archive log list

and following command will show you the applied archive logs

u2022 SQL> Select Name, Applied, Archived from v$Archived_log;

it should should be almost same or depends upon your syschorinzation configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether database can connect to SAP using R3trans -d command.

Or check the database log file for any error.

Regards,

Pinkle