Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not allow to create return order for some articles

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

User sell articles to related company.

Some of the articles are firm sales and does not allow return.

In this case, how do I set such that during sales order, it is able to block those article that does not allow returns and yet allow return to be created for those that are allowable.

Is there some where in the article master where I can control it?

Thanks

Bye

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matereial Exclusion is the best option. Create exclusion group, which should not be allowed as returns and assign that exclusion group to the return sales document type.

this is the easiest solution.

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

I would suggest to go for Material Exclusion.Create Separate document type for condition table.

Assign this exclusion procedure to the Document type.Hence at the return sales order process it will not allow to create return sales order process.

Regards

JBS

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want to allow the return for some of the materials, itis very simple.

In VOV7, go to the relevant item category and uncheck the "Return" checkbox at the top right.

After this in copy control dont maintain this item category for return order document type.

If these things are done, then returns will be disabled for only those materials having this IC in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can control this through copy controls what ever the articals you have which you dont want to return maintain separate item category to those items restrict in copy controls.

In Return Sales generally we will reference the Billing document.

T.code: VTAF Billing type - sales order type ok,

at Item category level dont maintian copy control to this particular item category which you dont want to return.

and same as above restrict item category for return delivery and credit for returns

T. code: VTLA

T. Code: VTFA

Best Regards,

MH

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be better to maintain Exclusion with reference to Sales Document Type.

Create one Condition Table wrt Sales Document Type & Material & do the necessary configuration. Create Condition Record with Document Type as RE & with those Materials.

Now system will block those Material for Returns Sales Orders but will allow for other Document Types.

Best Regards,

Ankur

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

One way I can find a simple solution for this requirement is through Item Category Determination.

You can maintain Item Cat Group Z001: No return in the articles which are not valid for return.

Now,

for normal sale order maintain Item Category Deter(VOV4).

Say,

Sales Order____Item Cat Group___Item Cat

OR___________Z001___________TAN.

But, for return orders don't maintain any Item Category determination for Articles with Item Cat Group Z001 & Item Category TAN.

This will prompt error of Item cat determination in return orders for those materials.

I hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

By keeping a separate item category group, I would be linking the article to the sales area in the article master.

Then, the same article would not be returnable to all customer.

However, in current scenarios, the article is not meant to be returnable from 1 related company and does not applies to external customer.

Is there a way to set up by customer? I am concerned on the tedious effort to maintain by customer by article?

Bye

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case where you want this for specific customer then Listing/Exclusion functionality will suit your requirement. Which is already suggested by Ankur.

To add in you can have access based on customer & material for listing/exclusion type.

And you can Activate listing/exclusion by sales document type RE.

Thanks & Regards

JP

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Colin,

You can also try different approach of using Enhancement i.e. by using a USER EXIT (USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK). Please reach out to technical consultant for put up a piece of code to prevent the creation of Sales Order.

If the number of Customer is less for which the return process not be executed, then you can store in a custom table and use this table to frame up logic in the user exit. Kindly update the thread at SDN forum based on the suggestion shared !!

Regards,

Sarthak

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhtak,

I am not trying to block the sales order return creation.

Certain articles that allowed return should be allow to proceed and certain articles are not allowed.

I would prefer the system to detect and warned the User about the return items that need special attention.

As for others, it should proceed as usual.