cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 2 ECC systems talk to 1 APO system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently on a project where we are planning to connect 2 separate instances of ECC to 1 APO box. Does anyone have experience with this approach? We will create a new business system group for the 2nd ECC instance, and we will use the CIF to transfer the data between the 2 ECC systems. I am hoping someone can provide some advice regarding potential pitfalls of using this approach. Also, is there any information on basic set-up that I should be aware of, specifically certain things that we should/shouldn't do to make this approach work? I know that it can be done, but we have no experience on our team concerning "the basics" that might help us avoid common mistakes upon implementation.

Thanks in advance to all for any advice that you can provide!

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

Well, it depends upon which modules you implement in APO. Not much to say, as long as you follow the basic rules:

1. A specific material number must be unique. You cannot use the same material number in both ECC systems, and expect to manage it in APO.

2. A specific location must be unique. You cannot use the same location (e.g. Plant, Vendor, Customer, etc) in both ECC systems, and expect to manage it in APO.

Beyond that, it is just repeating the configuration and setup: You do it once in each ECC system, and once in SCM; but in SCM you make the entries for two connected systems, instead of one.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback...I appreciate it! Sounds simple enough and makes sense...thanks!