cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing SSIS package from BPC Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a SSIS package that rund fine from MS Visual Studio. If I select the package from BPC Excel I receive the following error:

An error occurred while executing a package
Package Error Events:
ErrorCode = -1071636471
Source = Data Flow Task
SubComponent= OLE DB Source [1]
Description = SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0"  Hresult: 0x80040E21  Description: "Invalid character value for cast specification".

IDOfInterfaceWithError= {C81DFC5A-3B22-4DA3-BD3B-10BF861A7F9C}

Package Error Events:
ErrorCode = -1073450982
Source = Data Flow Task
SubComponent= SSIS.Pipeline
Description = component "OLE DB Source" (1) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202009.

IDOfInterfaceWithError= {C81DFC5A-3B22-4DA3-BD3B-10BF861A7F9C}

It worked a couple of days ago, but I cannot figure out what's causing the problem.

Thanks,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the error before and it was caused by data file whose one of its column is blank and converted to a numeric (signeddata).

So check your source data if all is clean, especially the columns which perform conversion from the source to the target in SSIS Data Flow Task.

Halomoan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Could you be more specific the step you did?

1. It works fine in Visual Studio,

2. It is not working with Excel Front-end. Call the package from Excel.

3. It worked few days ago, ==> Do you mean it was working with #2 step?

I think this might be caused by authentication,

1. could you check your athentication you have for #1 and #2?

2. Did you introduce BPC DM to call the package? BPC DM uses impersonated ID even you use ID which has restrictive to use system resource, there will be no problem for the authentication.

3. As you see the log, it points FLOW task and OLEDB SOURCE, check your connection string in OLEDB SOURCE also.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

YH Seo