cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Upgrading 7.6 to 2007A - duplicate key in object 'dbo.NNM1'

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to upgrade our client from SBO 7.6 SP01 to SBO 2007 SP01 version (It is supported by sap to skip 2004 version)

Upgrade ends with the following error:

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]The CREATE UNIQUE INDEX statement terminated because a duplicate key was found for the object name 'dbo.NNM1' and the index name 'NNM1_PRIMARY'. The duplicate key value is (0).

I can see with profiler, that upgrader is trying to do the following query:

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[NNM1] ADD CONSTRAINT [NNM1_PRIMARY] PRIMARY KEY (Series)

As I can see, in SBO 7.6 nnm1 table numbering was different than in the new versions (for example 2007A) u2013

In 7.6 ver. Numbering in u201Cseriesu201D column was starting from 0 within certain object, hereu2019s example:

<Objectcode> <series> <seriesname>

___17 __________0___ sales_order_series1

___17 __________1___ sales_order_series2

___17 __________2 ___sales_order_series3

___15 __________0 ___delivery_series1

___15 __________1 ___selivery_series2

In SAP 2007A version column series has unique values so for above example it should be:

<Objectcode> <series> <seriesname>

___17 __________0___ sales_order_series1

___17 __________1___ sales_order_series2

___17 __________2___ sales_order_series3

___15 __________3___ delivery_series1

___15 __________4___ selivery_series2

Anyone had that problem while upgrading from 7.6 to 2007A (or maybe from 7.6 to 2004?).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

GordonDu - There is no such an option in localization You've give me.

RAHUL MOUNDEKAR - I don't think Restore No. Series can help here. Series logic is different in these 2 versions (7.6 and 2007A).

I can restore No. series in 7.6 , but it won't changing nothing.

To restore series numbering in versin 2007 I have to upgrade database first and I can't because of this error.

There should be update of nnm1 table and documents tables to change series numbers to new logic (see example in the first post) while upgrading to 2007A version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can have direct upgrade. You must find an old upgrade that bridge the two different logic. It could be in 2004 or 2005.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Upgrade to 2004C version has ended successfully. NNM1 table has been updated so it's ok now. Now time for upgrade to 2007 :).

Anyway, it seems that it is not possible to upgrade directly from 7.6 to 2007.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

ladislav_meszaros
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Reported upgrade issue needs a further investigation therefore please log a support message with a component SBO-BC-UPG via the Service Market Place.

Please also attach 'UpgradeLog' files to the message. You will find the log files in the same directory as your B1 client (b1loggerPidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt; B1UpgradePidxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.txt)

Regards,

Ladislav Meszaros

SAP Business One Forum Team

0 Kudos

Where can I find that setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under Admin-initial setting-company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel.....

In 2005B version there was an option called uitilities where you can find Restore and Restore No. Series.

it is in Administration.

I dont know whether same is available in SAP 2007A or not.

If it is there then run this restore No. Series once.......

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am afraid not many B1 customers with version lower than 2005.

In your case, first check if you can have a setting that Permit More than One Document Type per Series. It should be off if you can set.

Thanks,

Gordon