cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook / Word crashing when using long text with any editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really sure if this is the corect section for this question.

Every time I use any type of long text (any editor), office 2003 Outlook / Word crashes and cannot be reopened until the PC is restarted. It sounds like a very simple fix but we just cannot find what the problem is!

We can get the text to save as it should, tried various template file locations but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Every time I use any type of long text (any editor), office 2003 Outlook / Word crashes and cannot be reopened until the PC is restarted. It sounds like a very simple fix but we just cannot find what the problem is!

Do you have running winword.exe or other office products after Word crashed? Does this happen only on in-place editors? Is that reproducable on every PC? Are you using the latest patches for SAPGUI?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only Outlook / Word shutdown, all other office programs continue to run. Yes, only SAP editors make this happen.

Only shutdowns on some PC's, not sure if using latest patches. Have same company wide yet only affects some PC's.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd first check whether the latest patch is installed:

Note 535308 - How to apply a SAP Front End patch?

Then try again.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out it is linked to the GUI. Have now installed 720 with W7 and Office 2010, all seems ok!

Thanks everyone for advice.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is not relevant forum for your problem.

fyi... sdn.sap.com does not provide support to Microsoft Office utilities.

Regards,