Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Mandatory not showing at sales order level error

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

According to my client Requirement at the time of sale order creation material is mandatory , but i tried through Incompletion log

its showing material mandatory but the problem is after entered the material in one line item when i try to save the sales order

system is asking enter the material again ie one more line item

so i have avoid the that error and how to map into SAP system suppose to ask onetime material is mandatory

Can any one guide me how to solve the issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

As Amit Suggested, in user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in MV45AFZZ, you need to add a small 2 liner code telling the system that if VBAP-MATRN is blank then give an error message.

I had the same requirement and I have used it and it works perfectly fine for me. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same issue.

I trayied in same error message will be triggered but the screen comes in disable mode please can u share u r code.

Please its bitt urgent.

Thanx in advance,

Fazil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already suggested, you need to discuss with your ABAPer and ask him to use the user exit USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE in MV45AFZZ. In this user exit the code has to be written. It is a very simple 2liner code only which says that:

If VBAP-MATNR is blank then give the error message "Material to be entered".

Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Try USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP in Include MV45AFZZ and write your own logic using implicit enhancement

Regards

Sanil

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

My question is why should i go for User exits i think it is available in standard SAP or

I heard one more solution thorugh T-Code SHD0 but i dont know how to do in that transaction

PLZ clarify if i am wrong and i think it is possible in Standard SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about transaction variant...check [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation]

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You dont have to go through the incompletion log. In std SAP material is mandatory by default.

Please check if you are entering and quantity in the 2nd line item and leaving material field blank.

Regards,

Amit

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for Reply Mr.Amit,

I took standard SAP i didn,t do any changes in standard SAP

At the time of sales order i tried with out entering the material and qty and i checked incompletion log its showing document is completed

How to solve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if there is any code in User Exit for Sales Order i.e MV45AFZZ under save_document_prepare.

Also, check material master if the material has been maintained for the plant and the sales org., distribution channel you are using.

Regards,

Amit