cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Down Distribution

former_member221048
Participant
0 Kudos

I need to distribute the overhead exepenses in the different Profitability segements through Ke28. I have the following scenarios:

1- All cost will be pushed to sales offices through assessment, then from sales office to other charcteristics by top down distribution I select sales office in "Cpy" and customer, product, distribution channel,division..etc in "DLvL".

2- For customers and products I used other variants. Values are not distributed if the revenue for a customer is zero. "The point is that in reference data selection, I have to put a period from and period to. If I selected current period, it may happen that some customers have zero revenue, even if I selected six month period also some cusomers may have zero revenue"

The problem is that still "Not assigned" amounts will appear when I run report KE30. I need to have KE30 report free of "Not assigned" in all dimensions (product, customer, sales office, division, distribution channel...".

Is advisable to distribte the overhead expenses to all charcteristics in the assessment cycle? rather than top down distribution

Any help please

Ahmed Zain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

Even KEu5 will give you the same chalenge... You need to specify a tracing factor which will be again Sales Rev / Qty.. If that is zero for a specific customer, you cant alocate values to it

It makes sense to me.... Because, if no sales had been made to a customer / Product - then they should not bear the overhead share also

br, Ajay M

former_member221048
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

So the total cost will be distributed to customers with Reveue only ie if my cost is 1000 and I have 5 customers of which 4 customers have the same reveue value and the fifth have zero, the cost will be distribted by 250 for each of the 4 customers?

Which is best in this case top down distribution or COPA Assessement?

Regards

Ahmed

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it will be 250 per customer...

I prefer KEu5 over Top down bcos Top down really turns ou upside down

br, Ajay M

former_member221048
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

I used KE25 where the sender is cost centers and receivers are customers, products, distribution channel, district....etc. I executed it background and I have summarization levels, inspite of that it took more than 5 hrs and the job was cancelled. Can you throw some light

Regards

Ahmed

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont know how much is the volume of your CE4 table... If you have too many no of prof segments / line items - This is likely to happen

What companies do is schedule the job in background with a start time after 30 mins - Inform your BASIS team - They shift the Job to a different server which is destined for only Key and Lengthy processes, especially during period end activties

Also, Limit the no of segments in your cycle.. If they are too many, create 2 or more cycles

br, Ajay M

former_member221048
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay

I reduced the segements numbers but I have one query, When I run the assessemt cycle "KEU5", the tracining factor "the last column in the report" is brining all reveue from period 1. I need the tracing factor to be the reveue of the current month. Please advise.

Regards

Ahmed zain

Edited by: Ahmed EL Zain on Jun 13, 2011 6:10 AM

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems you have activated the "aggregate tracing factor" check box in cycle definition

Modify it in KEU2

br, Ajay M

former_member221048
Participant
0 Kudos

I created COPA Assessment cycle in KSU1, then I used t.code KEU5, then top down distribution.

I need a report to show me what has been distributed and from which Charcteristics?

Regards

Ahmed