Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW error while recording CN21 - Create Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have recorded LSMW for Creating network by using CN21 transaction. However, the LSMW stops at the field "Scheduling Type". For me the requisite value is "Forwards". I tried to Default it in Recording, Create rule in Field mapping as Constant or Fixed Value, but nothing worked.

Someone please help.

Regards

Srini

23 REPLIES 23

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain what you mean by " However, the LSMW stops at the field "Scheduling Type". " ?

Are you talking about processing the batch input in the last step?

What does the error log of the batch input tell you?

0 Kudos

Hi Srini

How did you get on with this as I also have the same errors.

Wondering if you found a resolution in the end?

Cheers

Mark

0 Kudos

If you have the same issue, then you could have answered the question that I asked  3 years ago, as the original question was not clear.

0 Kudos

I have just encountered the problem this week when writing and LSMW script from a recording in transaction CN21.

If I run the script in the background it says 'enter scheduling type' - even though I have already specified that in the recording and also then tried using it as a constant during the mapping.

I tried the script in the foreground and despite the paramater being stipulated in the field mapping as a constant of 'forward' ....I always get asked to enter it again.

Why would this ask for entry again when I have specified it in the mapped fields as a constant in the LSMW mapping (also in the recording)?

0 Kudos

Can you post a screenshot of the screen data from one record in your  batch input  session?

0 Kudos

This was the error....always...and no matter what I did in the script as adding it and then adding it as a constant value I got this error.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Just as additional information I am creating the network from a standard network in CN21

0 Kudos

That is not what I had asked for. I want info about the dynpros with its data, as I suspect that that a dynpro is several times in your recording and you do not have values for all dynpros

0 Kudos

I first for full info attach the input file

0 Kudos

Now I will show the mapping

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

And now the recording in 3 parts

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an example from SM35 what I would like to see:

0 Kudos

Okay sorry ...see attached in 3 files

0 Kudos

page 2

0 Kudos

page 3

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, from the batch input data I cannot directly see any error.

Can you try again with a start date in future. instead of 27.11.2014 enter tomorrows date.

Have you tried to run the batch input in foreground to see what SAP is doing in which screen?

0 Kudos

I have tried in the foreground and it just goes immediately to 'enter scheduling type'

I am now wondering if the scheduling type for the network type in my script, if it is different from that in configuration, if this is making the difference.

I think the scheduling type in config may be 'backwards' for the network type

Do you think this may cause an error?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can be, there are some OSS notes when searching with the field name, but I can't really answer that question as I am not an PP expert.

0 Kudos

Okay...I will look for OSS notes - but I appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I have similar problem just yesterday. Turns out that there's missing customizing in OPU6 for the corresponding Plant.

Regards,

Ratih