Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut-over strategy and Payroll 003 retro date

Former Member
0 Kudos

scenario:

A,B,C are three go-live sites and single Payroll area PA

A and B go live in Jan 2012 and C in July 2012 six months later.

During Jan go live A and B sites all the employees will have their hiring date as their date of joining in department (some may have joined 30 yrs back.)

The 0003 earliest PA retro date is set to 01-Jan the same as Earliest retro date for single Payroll area PA control record retro date.

Time Frame 1: An Employee Xu2014is paid for Jan and is transferred on Feb 15 to then non-go live site C

Question: How to pay for the first 15 days in go-live site A and how to deal the payroll from Feb 15 till JULY 1 --when the site C will actually go-live.

What should be the cut over strategy??? How to deal cases when he is transferred from go-live site to non-go live sites after being paid for couple of months in go-live site.

In the above example is employee X, retro date will be changed again, this time from 01-Jan to 01-July because I donu2019t want to pay him from sap payroll during his station of non-live site C.

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What will you do if an employee from site A or B is terminated in February?

What will you do if a new employee is hired at site C in February?

For an employee that is transfered from site A (or B) to site C in February, you so have a dilema since payroll results will have accumulated in January and February (in SAP), and then would start accumulating Payroll Results in site C's Legacy System from February to June/July.

I would recommend that you create a "Transfer before Go-Live" Measure, coupled with a "Before Go-Live Unpaid Absence", so that you could transfer the employee from site A to C in February, keep him in the system until July where a new "Transfer" Measure would finalise the transfer from site A to C. You would also require some special Year-End Adjustments to import the Cumualtive Payroll Results from the Legacy System of site C for that employee.

The alternative would be to terminate him in February, and start the process again with a new employee number in July.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Can I create a configurable site psa /org unit C which is a non-go live site to enable Feb transfer.

Pay him offcycle for Feb 15.

When the site C goes live in july can I change his 0003 retro date as 01july so that the previous periods are skipped with respect to sap payroll. (earlier his 003 retro date must haev been 01-jan as he was earlier with site A which went live)

In this manner , my employee X will again become active wrt sap payroll from the month of July. And in July for site C when we would be running hiring action for all others we will leave this employee as he would already have been transferred to C in Feb. we would take his payroll data in the mid year go live format in the same manner as for other employees with this site.

In this manner , my employee will be active since the date of 01-jan in the system as two personner actions only 1) hiring in 01-jan in site A. 2) Transfer action to site C in feb.

Also the payroll results will be skipped from feb to june as on 01-July we are only updating his 003 infotype.

Pls see if this approach serves my purpose or I am missing something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls suggest

Answers (0)