cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Universal Installer not launching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have been facing a strange issue. I am trying to run Oracle Universal Installer in Aix5.3 platform to upgrade db patchset but for some reason it does not come up. I am trying to launch it through VNC session using vncviewer. Whenever i run runInstaller as ora<sid> user ...it just takes long time and nothing happens. The message i get is:

All installer requirements met:

Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall...........Please Wait .....<hostname>:ora<sid>.....

This is all i get but OUI doesnt not come up.. can anyone please tell me what seems to be the issue?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first try xclock to check that is a DISPLAY problem, if xclock shows the clock you face another problem, if it does not come up, try to remove DISPLAY from the environment and restart vncserver. Please also make sure that you have started vncserver as ora<sid>.

Regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

Problem is related to environment variable DISPLAY, set it any of this as per your shell

Bourne shell (sh)DISPLAY=<host_name>:0.0export DISPLAY

C shell (csh)setenv DISPLAY <host_name>:0.0

Korn shell (ksh)export DISPLAY=<host_name>:0.0

Cheers

KHS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem frequently occurs because of the wrong DISPLAY settings. Please perform the steps on a X-term terminal screen;

1) under root user

2) xhost +

3) su - ora<sid>

4) echo $DISPLAY

5) setenv DISPLAY <client ip>:(result of echo $DISPLAY) (for example setenv DISPLAY 192.168.1.100:0.0)

6) xclock (test X-Client)

If it works then you will be able to run "./runInstaller", for example

cd /oracle/stage/102_64/database/Disk1/SAP
./RUNINSTALLER

You can check the [installation guide|https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000359232008E], also. Search for "4.4.3 Running the Oracle Universal Installer" title and read the details,

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik