cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment don't flow to mobile (SUP +DOE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I tried to use attachment function in doe +SUP but i have a problem.

The message arrived in mobile but without attachment content.

The attachment don't flow to mobile (SUP).

In doe DOE portal monitor ( Queue Tracking ) there are some Queues (MMW_Q_) with my attachments.

The Queue Details

EMPLOYEE teste 04.06.2011 22:21:11 193 SAPMSSY1 0050560106351ED0A3DA8F02B0259D69

The others objects (not attachment function) arrived perfectly in mobile.

Any idea about how to do work with attachment in DOE +SUP ?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are using Sybase Mobile Sales application.

Currently attachment functionality is not supported to device.

Which means,

Attachment content can be downloaded from Backend to DOE. But the same content will not be visible in device. Currently this functionality is under development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva.

I am developing a solution in SUP +DOE. Is there any other way to download large text to mobile using SUP ?

I need it because I need use DOE BLog capability to download the new version of my software in my software control version. Is there any similar thing in DOE +SUP for this (version control of third client software with SUP) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I actually explained in other thread of yours about how the attachment functionality actually works. Keeping that in mind, I have a suggestion for you.

Model your data objects in such a way that the attachments are downloaded to DOE as part of normal initial/delta download. Now I guess you would have modelled ESDMA in DOE and used that ESDMA in SUP to develop the application. But the catch here is when you deploy this ESDMA bundle in SUP, the configured service is a regular service in DOE. Meaning it can push data from DOE to SUP to device or take data from SUP and perform regular operations like CRUD and Backend search.

But in order to get attachment from Device, you need to call a seperate service in DOE. But as far as I know in SUP, there is nothing available like that. So the option is, when you see a particular record in device which has a attachment field with value 'X', provide an option in device application by placing a button to call the attachment service in DOE directly. All you need to provide to this service is the sycnkey of that record along with the attachment field along with the logon credentials of DOE.

Until Sybase provides an option to call attachment service from the ESDMA bundle directly, you have to call DOE service directly from the device. ( As far as I know, there is nothing available in SUP like you want but I might be wrong here)

Hope you understood.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva and Siva,

How should the device directly call DOE? Is there any sample which you can share ? Can you mention which Service is DOE should be called?

We are stuck with unable to download attachments from DOE thru SUP to the Device.

Regards,

Pratheep.

Edited by: Pratheep on Dec 1, 2011 7:21 PM