cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Z_UPLOAD_PSA runs into exception STRING_LENGTH_NEGATIVE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

today I had to correct PO data within the PSA and wanted to use the report Z_UPLOAD_PSA to reload the data into the inbound layer DSO. Unfortunately I always run into a short dump caused by the exception STRING_LENGTH_NEGATIVE.

Do you have any idea what could cause that or has anyone already successfully used that ABAP report to reload data from PSA?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

We used to get this error in program Z_UPLOAD_PSA. This happens when in the data escape character " is followed immediately by delimter ;. however the latest version which is attached to note 1524401 has this error corrected.Are you using the latest version from this note?

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

yes we are using the latest version of the program. I tried debugging it yesterday and have the feeling that this seems to happen every time when the values of fields like e. g. document text contain the character ;

I cleared out all the ; from that load within the PSA and afterwards the program worked just fine. Off course this is not a workable solution in production.

Is that possible?

Thanks again,

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Schleich on Jun 8, 2011 1:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I too faced the same problem. But got solved when placed these characters in RSKC. You too can check.

srinivasan_perumal
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias/Raj Matta,

I also had the same problem earlier but now it was solved by giving an if condition before an operation.

In my case the dump occurs when the lv_len getting  value ‘0’ followed by that an operation lv_len = lv_len-1. So in that operation lv_len getting -1 value and the dump STRING_LENGTH_NEGATIVE occuring.

if lv_len is not initial.
lv_len = lv_len-1.
endif.