Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Message Issue

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we create a new exception message so that it appears in MD04 screen.

If yes, where we can do this configuration in SPRO(please mention the configuration path) and what information is required to configure this new exception message similar to that of "Reschedule In" and "Reschedule Out"?.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no option to create a new one, at best you may modify the text of the existing ones and / or re-group the messages into different groups.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please explain what actually the Exception messages-"Reschedule in (Expedite) or Reschedule out (De-expedite)" means and when do we use these exception messages.Can you please guide me how to do testing to get these exception messages.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

I will assume that you have customized the texts of these message from the standard "10 Reschedule in' and '15 Reschedule out'.

when do we use these exception messages

MRP creates all of these messages. Depending upon business conditions and company policy, you may elect to respond to them by performing one or more planning type activities.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d2c9744af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just go with the English meaning of those terms & it should explain clearly.

To simulate all you need to do is create a demand for say 1st July. Then create a PO with delivery date as 15th June, system will put msg. 15. Now change the delivery date to say 15th July & system will put msg. 10. (Do this simulation with a material which does not have a stock or other supply proposals & MRP type - PD)

The exception msg's are normally analysed by the MRP controller who is tasked with ensuring the supply & demand situation in most cases match.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,DB49,

Thanks for the clarification and details.

Actually we want to create a new MRP message so that whenever the reschedule date falls above lead time + SMK + 18 days the MRP should display the New message, if the material is needed then a new po can be placed after that.We must consider the opening period (from the schedule margin key table plus the suggested 18 days).

If, Reschedule Date - (Lead time + opening period from SMK table + 18days) > today then new Exception message is to be displayed.Please guide me how to create this new message .

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

Is there any reason you wish to use a different message? Is it your intention that you will retain and display the existing message, and in addition create and display a new message?

I believe that it may be possible to set up the standard message so as to meet your requirements.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,Vivek,

At present we are using the exception message " Reschedule In" and "Reschedule Out",but we got a new requirement that If reschedule date falls above lead time + SMK + 18 days the MRP should display the New message, We must consider the opening period (from the schedule margin key table plus the suggested 18 days) i.e., If, Reschedule Date - (Lead time + opening period from SMK table + 18days) > today then new Exception message is to be displayed.

Appreciate if you can suggest how to create this new message and also the configuration path.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in my initial posting, there is no option for you to create new custom mrp exception messages & trigger them. If you're not convinced branch out to the respective node in SPRO & you will be able to figure it out yourself.

Since the business need is quite clear on what is required, get in touch with SAP Consulting - Custom development who might develop this for your solution landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aditya,

I concur with Vivek's answer, but for a different reason.

As a general policy, I do not give advice or recommendations about Enhancements in these forums, except to mention that enhancements/BADIs may be available to support non-standard processes.

I always advise business people that if they cannot find a way to perform their business without benefit of Enhancements, that they should first seriously re-evaluate their business requirements and business processes.

I will add that such advice is almost always ignored.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear Aditya,

you could speak to your abaper asking him/her

1.to create a new custom code (probably based on standard fm BAPI_MATERIAL_MRP_LIST or another one) making select option screen with those fields (you have mentioned) or just putting a fixed logic into code (If reschedule date falls above lead time + SMK + 18 days the MRP should display the New message);

2.set up this new prog as a background job , maintain a Spool list recipient and assign particular people who you want to inform.

and this new code will send a list of item(s) from md04 list when it meets your requirement or just send a custom message

good luck!

P.S.

the standard ex. messages live in table V458A

you could try to create new records in there (by abap way) but definately with the standrad logic adjustment - this enhancement will be much harder than new custom code - please try do not change any standard code.

former_member184595
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,Vivek,PPIO_ENTRY,

I will check with technical team as suggested by you all.Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

As Vivek said, creation of exception message is not possible. SAP has give some 36 standard exception messages we need to use those messages only.

Regards / US