cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Post Install Steps for Netweaver 7.3 ABAP for SQL Server 2008 R2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed Netweaver 7.3 on windows SQL Server 2008 R2 platform.

On Installation Guide there are only a few post install steps, that are login to server, install license.

Which guide can I apply for the other post install steps like stms, abap post processing, sp upgrade, language etc.

Could anybody help me?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I do not want to have detail knowledge about these topics in the installation guide.

But there could bea checklist and references to help.sap.com for details in the guide.

There is checklist in the previous versions like below.

Could you give me the place where I can find the checklist?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

This is taken from Installation Guide SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP including Enhancement Package 2 on Windows: MS SQL Server

6 Post-Installation

6.1Post-Installation Checklist

This section includes the post-installation steps that you have to perform for the following installation options:©8u2018ñï'

Central, distributed, or high-availability system©8u2018ñï'

Dialog instance

Detailed information about the steps is available in the relevant chapter.

Central, Distributed, or High-Availability System

NOTE

In a central system, all mandatory instances are installed on one host. Therefore, if you are installing a central system, you can ignore references to other hosts.

You have to complete the following post-installation steps, which are described in more detail in the linked chapters:

You check whether you can log on to the application server .

NOTE

In a distributed or high-availability system, you check whether you can log on to every instance of the SAP system that you installed.

You install the SAP license .

You apply the latest kernel and Support Package stacks .

Windows Server 2008 (R2): If required, you set up symbolic links for application servers .

You configure the remote connection to SAP support .

You install the SAP Online Documentation .

You perform post-installation steps for the ABAP application server .

You ensure user security .

To connect your SAP system to an existing central system landscape directory (SLD), you configure the connection to a central System Landscape Directory (SLD) .

You perform the client copy .

If you want or need to implement the E2E Root Cause Analysis scenario, you have to perform post-installation steps for the Diagnostics Agent on your central and dialog instances.

You perform a full installation backup .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try for operation/ configuration guide?

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Their is not one particular guide to cover all of these topics as some such a language implementation are optional.

The best starting point is

http://help.sap.com/

and then feel free to update with any specific issues or queries you may still have

Regards,

Paul