cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME21N Document type wise Field selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the PO, in ME21N screen, i am have 5 different document types for Document type ZNB3 i want to make Account assignment category as mandatory and also the enduser have to select K(Compulsary).

Is it possible to set acc ass category K as default for ZNB3 document type..or otherwise this field should be made mandatory only for this ZNB3 Document type

Pls Guide me..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

asik_shameem
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It is possible.

First make the Acc Ass. category as mandatory field in SPRO->MM->PUR->Purchase Order->Define Screen Layout at Document Level.

Please note that, for Standard PO field selection key is NBF which is set id Doc type level in SPRO->MM->PUR->Purchase Order->Define Document Types. In your case, create a new field Selection key and assign it in the doc. type.

If you want to default the value as K, just assign K in ME21N Personal Settings.

If you want to restrict only K, configure Allowed combinations for Acc. Ass. category and item category in OMG0

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitbakshi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can have different document types for PO and can maintain the specified field selection settings.

The field selection is to be assigned to the document type and by doing this (Selecting Account Assignment as check as mandatory) objective can be achieved .

Hope it helps,

Best regards

Amit Bakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Asik shameem and Amit bakshi

issue solved