Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Source inspection - STOP Purchase Order GR

Hi,

We have a requirement in quality management in procurement process:

Requirement: System should perform inspection before goods receipt is made to the purchase order. Pre-receipt inspection should have three MIC to be inspected. When all the inspection characteristics are OK then system should receive the material to unrestricted. If MIC are not ok system should not let doing GR of purchase order.

Possible solution: I tried leveraging source inspection functionality to meet above requirement. I created QIR and selected Source inspection = 0101 and check box for Source insp u2013 no GR active.

Material master is assigned with inspection type 0101 and selected control key with GR for rejection = Goods receipt not allowed, GR control/Batch = u2018Do not create new ILu2019

When purchase order is created system is letting GR for the purchase order without error. I used QI07 and created an inspection lot for the purchasing document, however before I do UD for the inspection lot system is letting to do GR for purchase order Or before I create IL for the purchasing document system is allowing to do GR for the purchase order. Which I believe is incorrect.

Is there a way I can stop doing GR of purchase order if source inspection UD is not Ok. If source inspection UD is rejected then system should not let doing GR of purchase order.

Please advice...

Thanks

Regards

S

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question