SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCRMBP_REFCUST --- Replication of BPs from CRM to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

We have a CRM - ECC (SD / ISU) environment.

I have a question about TCRMBP_REFCUST table.

1. How exactly is this table used? Is this table used when replicating the CRM BP into ECC?

2. This table seems to give me a better control over the sales area I want for the replicated partner in SD? But, I am confused about using this table and using the PIDE table (CRM -> R3) as they both control the Account Group for the SD Customer.

3. So, can somebody please give more explanation on how the TCRMBP_REFCUST & the PIDE table (CRM -> R3) play together in this replication process?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Pradhip.S

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to [Issue in BP replication from CRM to ISU |;. Hope it will help you in understanding about TCRMBP_REFCUST table.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Avinash -

Thanks for the reply. However, in the thread you talk about, the table that is being referred is not the TCRMBP_REFCUST table. The table they are talking about comes under SPRO Path Logistics -> SD-> Master Data -> Customer -> Assign Consumer

SAP Documentation under SAP CRM for Business Partner Replication (Delta Upload from CRM to ECC) has the following documentation. It does talk about using the TCRMBP_REFCUST table. However, I find it difficult to understand from the way it is written. It talks about less data being transferred for tables ( KNVD, KNB1, KNEX, KNVS and KNVL)

Hence my questions

1. Is the TCRMBP_REFCUST table used for replicating BPs from CRM to ECC?

2. Can it be used to referring to an existing SD customer with that BP number and hence create the BP customer in SD with the right sales area like the reference customer.

Regards,

Pradhip.S

SAP Documentation

-

Sample Customers in the Delta Upload

You can store sample customers in the ERP table TCRMBP_REFCUST (transaction SE16). These sample customers are used when creating a business partner in SAP CRM. This means that less data is transferred than when creating an R/3 business partner (ERP tables KNVD, KNB1, KNEX, KNVS and KNVL; transaction SE16).

In table TCRMBP_REFCUST, the system searches generically for a sample customer:

First it searches by Category, Grouping, and Type, then by Category and Grouping (with Type = SPACE), then only by Category (with Grouping and Type = SPACE), and finally with all three key fields as SPACE.

-

0 Kudos

Hi Pradhip,

Perfect, lets visit SAP documentation again - [Business Partner Replication|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crmscen70/helpdata/en/60/85b5d333f4174b8e982c1c15db35f3/frameset.htm].

In 1st few paragraphs, it describes about "concept of the business partner or SD customer in SAP ERP" - which is as follows:

When creating or changing a business partner with the role Sales Prospect or Contract Partner, you can specify a sample customer (SD customer) in SAP ERP. This creates an SD customer for the business partner with the same number as the business partner. Data is copied from the sample customer (tables KNA1, KNB1, KNVV, KNVP, KNVA, KNVI, KNVD, KNEX, KNVS and KNVL). Name and address data, as well as some additional fields, are transferred from the business partner. If the SD customer already exists, the system only transfers part of the data from the sample customer (only the sales and distribution areas that do not yet exist).

Above settings is maintained at SAP Utilities->Master Data->Business Partner->Settings for Creating Standard Customers->Maintain Parameter (Table - TEKND).

(*Back to SAP documentation*)

If you now connect a CRM system, the central data from the CRM business partner is exchanged with the business partner in SAP ERP, and the CRM-specific data is exchanged with the SD customer. The CRM business partner has the same number as the business partner in SAP ERP and the SD customer.

You work mainly with the BUPA_MAIN queue. You only work with the CUSTOMER_MAIN queue when you are changing SD customer data, such as sales area data.

To execute the business partner concept specific to the utilities industry, you must convert the following control tables....

So, since CRM is in place which will act as central data management, we need to maintain reference customer values in CRM specific tables in ECC.. where table TCRMBP_REFCUST will be useful. This table is accessed by function module - COM_BUPA_MWX_MAP_ISU (Mapping - Proxy-BAPI Business Partner Main-BDOC).

Now if we read following statments on table TCRMBP_REFCUST, it will make sense:

(*Back to SAP documentation*)

Sample Customers in the Delta Upload

You can store sample customers in the ERP table TCRMBP_REFCUST (transaction SE16). These sample customers are used when creating a business partner in SAP CRM. This means that less data is transferred than when creating an R/3 business partner (ERP tables KNVD, KNB1, KNEX, KNVS and KNVL; transaction SE16).

In table TCRMBP_REFCUST, the system searches generically for a sample customer:

First it searches by Category, Grouping, and Type, then by Category and Grouping (with Type = SPACE), then only by Category (with Grouping and Type = SPACE), and finally with all three key fields as SPACE.

Initial Download

Before performing the initial download, check whether an SD customer has been created for all business partners in SAP ERP, for which this is desired or necessary. (For example, to an SD customer is necessary to use the billing engine in SAP CRM).

You should also check whether business partners already exist for all SD customers. Business partner creation for SD customers is supported by tools (for example, during the SAP for Utilities implementation). In the scenario described, you must not directly create any SD customers (except sample customers), as you are not replicating anything in SAP CRM.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Hi Pradhip,

So, are we in agreement on our understanding on table TCRMBP_REFCUST.

Regards,

Avinash

0 Kudos

Avinash -

I agree with this assesment below.

1. If we replicate BPs from CRM to ECC then we will need to maintain entries in the TCRMBP_REF_CUST table. The entries in this TCRMBP_REF_CUST table controls the Company Code details (Financial Customer Creation, FD01) for the SD customer that is created in ECC. So, if the reference customer is maintained in 3 financial companies then all the replicated customers will be maintained in the 3 financial companies. So, you can control recon accounts, interest procedure, dunning procedure etc using the reference customer in this table.

2. The Account Group is controlled by the PIDE transaction. So, based on the classification of the BP Customer as determined by the CRM (which is internal BTW) the customer will be created in an acct group in ECC based on the PIDE table entries.

3. The Sales Area needs to be controlled using BP templates concept in CRM. Neither the PIDE table or the TCRMBP_REF_CUST table will help control the sales areas. This can be done only by templates.

0 Kudos

I try TCRMBP_REFCUST through tcode sm30 i get an error

table TCRMBP_REFCUST is not active in the directory.

how to enter values to this table?