cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Open Catalog Interface (OCI) between SAP-ECC 6.0 and SAP-MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ASUG Community.

I'm working on an SAP-MDM project where we will configure the OCI interface between SAP-ECC 6.0 and SAP-MDM. The business requirement will be to punch out to SAP-MDM's catalog from SAP-ECC for expensed items (e.g., no material master record exists in SAP-ECC).

The data that will be returned to SAP-ECC will be purchase price info, material group, short text, & our global SAP-MDM item number.

The question I've been trying to design around is "where to store the SAP-MDM item number"?

I've looked into creating a custom filed on EKPO but now feel that a configured text field will be the best solution from an SAP-ECC point of view (less effort on the SAP-ECC side from a development perspective, no need to regenerate the EKPO table, etc.).

The question I'd like to pose to ASUG is.... Does anyone have experience or an opinion to offer using this functionality? It seems that I will have to code in a user exit or BAdi to insure that the SAP-MDM item numbers are returned to the appropriate text field on my POu2019s. Or can this be done using the standard OCI functionality?

I found OSS note 1347656 which references BADI "ME_CATALOG_INTERFACE" but I'm not sure if this right path to go down or if this would be the correct place to code non-conforming OCI mapping requiremetns.

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks. Sincerely,

Rich Wortmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you create a new field for this as you may require thois going forward for reporting as well. Text fields are difficult to report.

Sorry not sure about the BADI to use.