Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BWA Attribute Mining

I'm trying to understand the mapping of integer ID's in BWA.

My cube is ZPP_C019.

Looking in the TREX attribute mining tab I see as follows (Note that I'm not showing you all the dims here):

Dimid			Value-59	value-117
      sid_0plant		Value-10	Value-
     key_zpp_c0191		Value-59	value-117

So I see the mapping correlation between PB1_BIC:DZPP_C0191 Dimid (59, 117) and the fact table PB1_BIC:FZPP_C019 key_zpp_c0191 (59, 117).

What I'm not getting is the following:

1) In the dim PB1_BIC:DZPP_C0191, the dimid (30 rows) and the sid_0plant (24 rows). When I click on each field and then "Distribution" I'm not seeing the correlational mapping. I thought I would see the same number of rows and there would be a clear link between the dimid and the sid_0plant

2) Same kind of question as 1 except that the dim PB1_BIC:DZPP_C0191 sid_0plant should have a direct mapping between the PB1_BI0:SPLANT Sid

3) Also seems to me that the PB1_BI0:SPLANT, the Sid and the Plant should have the same number of rows in it.

Sid has 21 rows and Plant 31 rows.

4) There is a table pb1_zpp_c019 shows all the characteristics and their keys like 0plant_sid and 0plant_key but this seems redundant to the above information

Maybe I'm confused over the purpose of the attribute mining tab and its NOT a window into how BWA has loaded the index (which is really what I wanted to see)

I understand that the dim table is a link between the fact table and the master data I just wanted to go in BWA and verify the mappings.

Any help in my understanding is appreciated.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question