cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Lot on Production Orders using HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I'm trying to notify using production orders some HU. I was reading the help.sap.com and it says:

1. An inspection lot is never created, if the indicator Inspection for HU is not set in the Inspection setup of the material master (Quality Management view) for storage locations requiring HUs.

2. In general, it is not possible to create the inspection lot at goods receipt in storage locations requiring HUs.

That's confuse me.

In the system I have the following information:

a. Create my order and release.

b. My material have inspection 04. I marked the indicator Inspection for HU on Quality Management view.

c. I used Tx COP1 to create my HU

d. I notify my production using COWBHUWE

If I checked my MMBE the quantity is on Quality Status. But I don't have my inspection Lot.

I create my Inspection plan with indicator 5.

Someboday can tell me why the inspection lot isn't create?

I checked the configuration:

In Customizing for Handling Unit Management (Inventory Management), the respective movement type is not deactivated for quality inspections. The indicator QM not active is not set.

In the (respective) material master record, the corresponding inspection type is created and activated for the respective goods movement, and the indicator Inspection for HU must be set.

Thxks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was an solution ever found for this? I am having the exact same issue. If I create an inbound delivery and pack HU's that way the inspection lot creates. However, if I use COP1 and COWBHUWE the inspection lot does not create. My client is using a custom program that creates HU's with COP1 and COWBHUWE in the background.

yarlagaddasy81
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to create a custom program that creates HU's with COP1 and COWBHUWE in the background, can plz provide more details

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HU's do work for 04 inspection types. So you are missing something. Look at your "control inspection lot setting" in the 04 QM setup. Not all of the choices are allowed for HU's. Read the help on this field and it explains it. That might be one possibility.

Other than that it sounds like you have the settings correct.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FireFighter,

I checked the config. And I Suppose everything is OK.

So do you know a specific part that I must check?

I test the HU with MM on Inspection Class 01 and is working.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So your inspection lots are being created?

Maybe I misunderstood your question. I thought it wasn't working.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry firefighter I'm going to explain more in detail.

1. I tested my integration process QM-PP-HU on a Storage Location without HU.

The results were:

a. Hu created

b. Inspection Lot Created

But when I did the DE the units from the HU were moved, but the HU still in Q status.

So I changed my test.

2. I tested my integration process QM-PP-HU on a Storage Location with HU

The results were:

a. Hu created

b. Inspection Lot Not Created

In this case, I marked on Material Master the HU Indicador on 04 Class (Quality Management View)

That's my problem.

Addittional I tested a MM-HU process using 01 Inspection Class.

1. I create a Purchase Order Me21N to a Storage Location with HU

2. I create the Delivery using HU

3. The system create the Inspection Lot and made the DE (reference to the HU)

My problem is stilling the PP-QM-Hu on Storage Location with HU

sridharrangasam
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the indicator - Inspection for HU in QM view and try to generate the HU number in COP2.

we use to generate the HU number and inspection lot in COP2.

Sridhar.R

sridharrangasam
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the indicator - Inspection for HU in QM view and try to generate the HU number in COP2.

we use to generate the HU number and inspection lot in COP2.

Sridhar.R

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was referring to checking the "Control Inspection lot" settings in the material master on the 04 inspection type set up. Not all values support HU's. Do and F1 on this field and it should explain which ones can be used and can't for HU.

Other than that, I'm not sure I have much else for you.

FF