cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a 4x2 label on the Zebra Gx420d printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using either CR2008 or CR2011 and the Zebra Gx420d printer I had an issue with page setup in printing a 4x2 label without the format defaulting to landscape.

When I switched from the Zebra Gx420d to using a different Zebra printer (ZP505), I was able to set it to a 4x2 label and it stayed in the portrait format. I Talked to Zebra and they claimed that the their print drivers worked OK. I played around in CR and found when the printer was set to the Gx402d and instead of using the user defined page format I set up a stock label in the print preference Stock option and then used the stock defined label of 4x2 in the print paper size I was able to print a portrait 4x2 label.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've always found Zebra printer drivers to be finicky. Some work better than others. I cringe when I have to work with Zebra printers and have steered clients to use Dymo printers instead. At about 1/10th the cost of the Zebra their reliability is a lot better.

I found the same issue as you with orientation. There's something about the Zebra printer driver orientation Crystal has a problem with. It will reverse the orientation so I've just accepted it and worked around it.

This is the only driver I've had this problem with so I'm pretty sure it is not a Crystal problem.

Good luck,

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi Pyrrho,

Is there a question in here or are you just posting for others who run into the same issue? ( If so that you very much )

Don