cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overwrite in Master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm loading data for master data for InfoObject X (with attributes A,B,C and D) from 3 non-sap sources. I had these questions. The key field here is infoobject X itself:

1) Will the data gets overwritten, if same keyfield come from two source systems?

2) I'm thinking of incorporating 0SOURSYSTEM as one of the attribute as well to avoid such a situation, so should I also make 0SOURSYSTEM as the key field?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

1. Yes, obviously. Data will overwrite with latest dataload.

2. You need to make 0SOURSYSTEM as Compounding Attribute, not just attribute.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But are you sure that the number range in all the 3 source systems were same.. if not you can maintain source system as an attribute rather than as Compounding Attribute.

If the values are same then why do you think attributes are different across source systems.

Either the Key is different or the attribute values are the same.

Check with Source system functional or business anlayst and then plan. Source System as a compounding attribute is not advisable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Parth Kulkarni is right. You just need to check checkbox "Master data locally for source sys." and 0SOURSYSTEM should automatically be written in the compound table.

But be sure 0SOURSYSTEM is really what you want. And be sure that there is a mapping for this existing. Therefore go to RSA1 -> Tools -> Asgnmt of Srce Syst. to Src Syst ID

Best regards,

Peter