Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation for workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question for you: what kind of authorisation would control the creation, visualization and deleting of BEx workbooks? We need to unable this actions for any existing workbook included in the roles, and also for the own bookmark workbooks. I mean, this user would not be able to open nor create any workbook.

Thank you and best regards,

Nadia.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia,

In order to save workbooks to roles, a user needs S_USER_AGR & S_USER_TCD.

The authorization object S_USER_AGR has two fields: Activity and Role Name. For the Activity field, the user must have at least values 01, 02 and 22. If the user can delete workbooks, they will also need value 06. For the Role Name, you should enter

the specific roles you have created for saving workbooks. It might seem surprising to see activities 01 (Add or Create) and 02 (Change) for the object S_USR_AGR. Object S_USER_AGR is required so the user can save the workbook to the Menu area of the role. When granting access to S_USER_AGR, you need to grant create and change authorizations for a specific role name. The role name is the name of a role that will be used to hold workbooks. When a workbook is saved in a role, the area Menu for a role is changed. Thus the object S_USER_AGR is a required object. Authorization object S_USER_TCD has one field, Transaction Code. The user needs value RRMX in this field.

Rgds,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for you answer but it doesn't solve my problem.

I need to control the access to Workbooks but not only to roles, any workbook. I would like to avoid some users can create any kind of workbooks, even if are stored in their own bookmarks.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

I would like to avoid some users can create any kind of workbooks, even if are stored in their own bookmarks

That is not possible to my knowledge as long they have access to execute some query.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Arpan, I'm afraid I agree with you.

Any of you know where can I find some information that authorizations on Workbooks only work at role level?

Any kind of SAP document, article, guide, ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use authorization object S_RS_WKBK to control BEX work books

0 Kudos

Thanks Vankat, but this object is obsolete for version 701, I can't use it.

Any other idea?

0 Kudos

In BW3.5 it would work but never tried in BI7.

To save WB in user favourites below 2 objects was must.

S_GUI (ACTVT 60)

S_BDS_DS (ACTVT 03, 30; Class Type OT)

In old BW365 you will find this but in new version (year 2006 onwards I believe) it is not there. However you might give a try by restricting any of the object. My suggestion would be S_BDS_DS. As the other is for generic activity.

Regards,

Arpan Paik