Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Product dimension - dynamic groups

In BI Systems, the way to group products of the product dimension is not easy:

you can place manually a product in a group each time that a product is created -> it takes a lot of time

or you can create a rule using the attributes of the products to place automatically the product in the group

ex: my products are "cars" and I have the attribute "color" and number of doors (2 or 4)

I create a group with several values (ex: "blue 2 doors", "green 4 doors",...)

so I can have a rule to place automaticlly my cars into may groups

ex: color = blue and nb doors = 2 -> group "blue 2 doors"

color = blue and nb doors = 4 -> group "blue 4 doors"

my question:

if the rule is placed in the data base and that the group to which the products belongs is calculated in the database, it's expensive to do a change of structure of the rule (ex: i want to use the size of the car to slit my groups)

-> is there a solution to handle rules and automatic assignement of a product to a group into BO XI (like this, if there's a change to do, only the univers is impacted, not the database and we win in reactivity and build effort)

thanks in advance for your answer

if yu think that my question is not enought technical for this forum could you move it into the appropriate forum please ?

Ah, got you now.

It's very easy but unfortunately you will have to maintain the categorisations whichever way you go. The non-database approach would be to create a new object

WHEN car_dim.colour='blue' and car_dim.doors = 2 THEN 'Cool Small'
WHEN car_dim.colour='blue' and car_dim.doors = 4 THEN 'Cool Big'
WHEN car_dim.colour='red' and car_dim.doors = 2 THEN 'Hot Small'
ELSE 'Uncategorised'

You can then add any other objects in a similar manner.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question