cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on filed CoCd Validation (TKA00-RKBUK) in controlling area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Due to business requirement and management reporting requirement,our cost centres are comming around 8000 which is very high and very dificult to maintain.

The reason for 8000 cost centre is, cost centre is company code specific and doesn't allow cross company code cost centre posting.

we have found alternate solution to reduce number of cost centre and allow system to post cross comapny code cost centre posting.

There is one field one field CoCd Validation (TKA00-RKBUK) on controlling area maintenance screen (OKKP).

Whenever we are creating controlling area, this flag is on automatically. Best of information available to us, that this flag

control the cross company cost centre posting. For example, we want to post document in company 1000 but want to allocate the expenses in cost centre of company code 1100 & 1200.

If this flag is on the above posting is not possible . But this flag is off, the above posting is possible without generating cross company code document.

Please let us know the impact of this flag if we make if off. Will it have any impact during future enhancement / upgradation? Our maximum business transactions are cross company cost centre without generating cross company code accounting document.

Please revert.

Thanks & Regards

DD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I personally wont recommend this.... better avoid this feature....

My suggestion would be: Suppose you are having a Cost center ABCD.....And have 2 comp codes 1001 and 1002

Then Create cost center as 1001ABCD in Comp code 1001 and 1002ABCD in comp code 1002.... i.e. the 1st 4 digits of cost center should denote the comp code....

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DD,

I think ur understanding about the checkbox is correct. It will allow cost center postings irrespective of the company code. If the cost centers are analysed on a different cross section (like at group level) other than at company code level, then this makes sense.

In my opinion u r good to go.

Best Regards

Vimal