cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo: Browsed failed in Subscription items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wanted to test PCo 2.1.5.0. All operation I did on localhost. But i have problem.

i install MatriconOPC server for simulation and testing. I have run simulatin.

I have chosen OPC DA in SOURCE and Simulation in DESTINATION.

I have chosen row with MatriconOPC server for simulation and testing 1.5.0.0 (OPC DA 2.05A) in OPC servers available.

I have created agent, but if I press button Browse in Subscription items - error. Browsed failed; check connection and try again, strin has bad(wrong) format. What is it?

I have tried enter the tag paths manually to subscribe to the value changes, but in LOG i have error

Date Time, Machine, Thread ID, Process ID, Process Name, Event Type, Source, Message, Stack Trace

03.06.2011 17:53:42,.,6,7588,agent,Error,Host,failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy,"Invalid server information.

parameter: input

[Invalid server information.

parameter: input]

Server stack trace:

в System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

в System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

в System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

в System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

в System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

в System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

в System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

в SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.IPCoAgentControl.Start()

в SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.ConnectivityAgentProxy.Start()

в SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WcfHost.Start()"

03.06.2011 17:53:42,.,8,7588,agent,Error,ServiceFaultManager,Manufacturing Fault: REASON = Invalid server information.

parameter: input

The same situation if i use WinCC OPC server OR KEPServerEx 5.5. I have tried with PCo 2.1.5.0, PCo 2.1.5.5 and 2.0

Please help me, what is problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I have OPC HDA in Source I have not a problem.

The browse is work in Subscription items.

What is problem with OPC DA 2.05A.

I have installed an OPC Core Components 3.0, net framework 3.5.

But I don't understand what is problem....................

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Did you try the DA 3.00 Specification for the OPC server? Did you confirm that your dcom settings are setup correctly?

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I tried, but same problem.

Matricon OPC server and Pco on the same computer,,,,

For what DCOM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I wrote a PCo scenario article for the SDN using the Matrikon Simulator and using PCo 2.1.4.2 (both installed on the same machine) - perhaps it would be helpful.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/108a16e7-1448-2e10-caa3-9b18af7256b8]

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jun 3, 2011 4:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana, of cause I read this article and did this steps, but the same problem.

In my case I have an error when I presseв BROWSE in Subscription items tab;

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have: input string was not in correct format

Edited by: Dmitry_4000 on Jun 4, 2011 10:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana, I did all steps in appliance with your article, but in destination I choose simulation beside SAP MII.

I suppose it can be work as create xml in some directory in case of true notification, but i haven't this xml files.

Do you thinck it's becouse of DCOM settings. Why PCo doesn't see OPC server in subscription item?

But if I choose in source OPC HDA besides of OPC DA - PCo is see this server and his items in subscription items tab.

Who can solves this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

It's difficult to diagnose over the forum exactly what the problem might be. I have not used the 2.1.5 version yet. Your best option may be to enter a message to the MFG-PCO component and have their experts assist you in resolving the issue.

I am not sure what you mean by "but in destination I choose simulation beside SAP MII", and I think, for faster resolution, it would be a good idea to enter a support message.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diana

Unfortunately PCo doesn't connect to any OPC DA 2.05A and OPC DA 3.00.

I have installed:

OPC Core Components Redistributable (x86) 3.0

OPC Core Components SDK

But I don't archive positive results. Maybe it depends of local computer setting, for example DCOM, GPS or other..

What do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dmitry,

Just to be sure , did you go through SAP Note 1405270 in addition to the Pco installation guides?

I want to make sure if you completed the following step - "PCo uses the Microsoft Windows Net.TCP Port Sharing Service. By default,

the Net.TCP Port Sharing Service is disabled and must to be changed to

either manual or automatic startup"

Thanks

Udayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Udayan

Microsoft Windows Net.TCP Port Sharing Service is enabled and run.

All notes of SAP SAP Note 1405270 have read, but I have the same problem.

I tried to do all steps on Virtual Machine with Windows XP Pro SP 3, but I also have the same problem.

In LOG I have

-

Date Time, Machine, Thread ID, Process ID, Process Name, Event Type, Source, Message, Stack Trace

07.06.2011 17:25:23,.,6,7728,agent,Error,Host,failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy,"General PCo Fault: Invalid server information.

Name of parameter: input

Name of parameter: input]

Server stack trace:

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.IPCoAgentControl.Start()

SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.ConnectivityAgentProxy.Start()

SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WcfHost.Start()"

07.06.2011 17:25:23,.,8,7728,agent,Error,ServiceFaultManager,Generating Manufacturing Fault: REASON = General PCo Fault: Invalid server information.

Name of parameter: input

Name of parameter: input] SEVERITY = Fatal,""

-

What is problem, I don't understand...............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Diana

I have a question to you..

Do you change some setting on your local computer after install OPC Component, PCo, Matricon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I am running PCo on Windows 7 Enterprise. The steps I did were to upgrade the .NET Framework to the recommended version (3.5), download and install the MatrikonOPC Simulator, and download and install PCo. For the just Matrikon Simulator, I did not need the OPC Core Components. I also made sure that I installed all these items as an Administrator.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the OPC Core Components and PCo 2.1.5.1, but was unable to reproduce your situation. I made no additional security adjustments.

Did you read through the Plant Connectivity Installl and Security Guides at http://service.sap.com/instguides, making sure to follow all steps?

I really think your best route is to enter a message into the SAP Support system, MFG-PCO component for the assistance of their experts.

Kind Regards, and best of luck,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Diana

I suppose my problem because of Russian version of Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Diana.

i have tried this steps on Windows XP English Edition, but I have the same problem.

I have some questions to you.

Do you have service user name (agent Host settings) is .\localsуstem?

What is version of Matricon do you used?

And what is MFG-PCO component?

Kind Regards, Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

I downloaded Matrikon, it included the MatrikonOPC Server for Simulation version 1.5.0.0 and the MatrikonOPC Explorer version 5.0.0.0, which supports OPCDA 2.05a.

I use the .\localsystem account.

Do you have access to the SAP Support Portal (http://service.sap.com)? Do you have an S-number? MFG-PCO is the component you would enter a message to. I think that you should do this if possible, in case there are issues with non-english versions of Windows and to get expert help on solving your issue.

I'm sorry I can't help you further.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jun 10, 2011 9:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

The problem was in Russian version of Windows XP.

I have tried in english version of XP and error of browsing error disappear (But if we use Windows Server 2003 English version, we have the same problem with browsing error as Windows XP Russian).

But if I try to run agent, I have error in log: failed to create ConnectivityAgentProxy,"General PCo Fault: Invalid server information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dmitry,

I'm glad you found the cause of the problem - if you haven't done so already, I think it is very important that you enter this issue into the SAP Support system, so the developers are aware of the problem.

Kind Regards,

Diana