cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Bex error when upgrade 3.5 queries to Bi 7.0 when conditions present

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have facing problem when we create existing bi 3.5 query as it is into bi 7.0 having conditions on that query

in 3.5 same query works fine but when comes to 7.0 query designer it gets some errors ref....etc in Scroll window gets on top

of layout so how can we solve it.

thanks

irfan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

irfan-

LIke many others, you have discovered that the upgrade tools that SAP provides are more of an 80/20 solution... they will definitely leave you with problems for some of your workbooks. I have discussed this very issue with several other companies, and they all agree that this is an issue. Unfortunately the only real solution is to manually re-lay out your workbook to correct the problems with oversized navigation panes, text elements, and exceptions and condition sets.

There ARE two OSS notes that will help you in your work. Please review OSS Notes

Please also note that the version of Excel (If you are using Bex Analyzer instead of WAD) is important, as is the version of the SAP-GUI. I personally recommend SAP-GUI 7.2 patch level 4, with the SAP Security tool DISABLED. (It's hideously annoying to the end user)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are not using any tool for upgrade the queries we are recreating as it is in Bi 7.0 with same variables , extractors , conditions etc. when conditions is there only this message popup in popup window.and this is the diagnosis message for it.

MESSAGE (There is a condit. on XXXX, results row suppress. active on YYYY (conditional)

An output condition is active for the characteristic XXXX, and the property Suppress Result Lines is active for

another (obect YYYY).This generally leads to a confusing output list.

System Response

As soon as an output condition is defined for a characteristic (here XXXX object), the system calculates the relevant result lines

and applies the output condition. If such a result line is deleted by the condition,

all the subordinate detail and result lines are suppressed. The (XXXX Object) lines are then left out

because the result lines for ( Object YYYY) are suppressed.

In extreme cases, this can result in a completely empty line being displayed, although when the condition is deactivated,

the individual lines or columns should be let through by the condition.

Procedure

Check the settings for the query, in particular the suppression of the results line and the output conditions.

Procedure for System Administration

You can deactivate this message brain (No xxx) by using transaction RSRT1.

thnks

irfan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhishek_rajan3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

Please refer to the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/10a340fa432b54e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_bex/~f...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_bex/~f...

You might have to change the conditions as mentioned in the link. BI7.0 applies stricter rules on query design and generation and hence the error.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Second and third link i am not able to open it because of 403 (authorization)

so can u give me some step by step (PDF) if u have because not only one characteristic but all characteristics in the query gets popup in scroll up window with that message when there is a condition.

thanks

irfan

abhishek_rajan3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

Sorry, but do not have a step-by-step PDF for this. Rather, you can check the first link in my earlier post in detail, which actually gives a brief on what to do in different scenarios for conditions.Also, the other two SAP Notes also refer to the SAP Help link too.

Thanks,

Abhishek.