Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The delivery date for the PR needs to consider planning Calender Periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Please help me in solving in my scenario given below:

The Planning calender periods are from Monday through Thursday(No Friday and weekends). When there is a Purchase Requisition (PR) planned date on Monday and the GR processing time is one day. The delivery date should be on the before Thursday (Becasue there is no period on Friday).

But, the delivery date is being created with the before Friday, which shouldn't happen.(Requirement is that Delivery date shouldn't consider that friday, hence, the delivery date needs to be on Thursday).

NOTE: The lot size settings are Lot sizing Procedure : P(Period lot sizing procedure), Lot-size indicator: K (Period lot size as in Planning Calender), Scheduling : 1 (Period Start = Delivery date).

Thanks for helping me in advance,

Surendra Chakka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

You can do it by maintaining Planning Calendar which will help in deciding the days on which you want the delivery from the Vendor. In configuration in Planning Calendar you can do the same settngs.

Hoe it helps you.

Please confirm.

Many Thanks,

Rakesh Wade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks alot for your responce.

I have maintained the Planning Calender. Also, the settings in Lot size are Lot-size indicator: K (Period lot size as in Planning Calender), But still, it is not functioning in my case.

Please could you check and help me.

Thanks and Regards

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the planned delivry time for the material in question?

What is the day system is proposing for the material in current settings?

Did you maintained Time phased MRP type?

Also Check in OMI4

Create a Z copy of PK MRP type with cheduling : 2 (Period End = Delivery date). and check the results.

Reagrds,

Santosh

Edited by: santosh sarda on Jun 6, 2011 8:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't maintained "Time Phased" MRP type. Is this mandatory to maintain.

I had Z copy of PK Lot size with scheduling : 1(Period Start =Delivery data). I need to change this to "2" and check according to your suggestion.

Reply back after testing the same.

Thanks and Regards

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I have maintained the Scheduling : 2 (Period end = Delivery date) for the lot size. But of no use.

I also tried to change the MRP type to "R1". But, according to our MRP type settings, the pre-condition for maintaing "R1" is to maintain forecast details. I tried entering the forecast details. Then, i am not able to do MRP run,instead saying the error as "Please carry out forecast for the material xxxxx in plant xxxx.

Please specify what should be my next attempt to achieve my goal.

Thanks and Regards

Surendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surendra,

Can you expalin how your system is behaving at the moment?

Pls explain your original MRP view and planning calendor setting...

The results thst you get with current setting?

Expected results...?

Regards,

Santosh sarda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your Questions. Below are the explainations:

1. Can you expalin how your system is behaving at the moment?

A. Presently the GR Processing time is 1 day for a material in Plant. So, if the user wants to produce on Wednesday (Planned date in PR, provided by the MRP run), then the delivery should be on Tuesday (Because GR processing time is 1 day). In the same way, he dont wants the delivery to be on Friday. I mean, if he wants to produce on Monday, he wants the delivery to be on Thursday.

Only Friday, he don't wants to make the Delivery.(The delivery date should not show Friday in PR's).

2. Pls explain your original MRP view and planning calendor setting...

A. For solving of the above issue, we changed the Lot size to copy of "PK" - Period lot size acc to planniong calendar. Then we maintained the Planning calendar, in which the periods are for every Monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Expecting, the delivery should be excluded for friday, the friday in the planning calendar is not given as a period.

The scheduling paramter in the Lotsize is tried with both the options (period start = Deliery date and period end = Delivery date).

Later removed "PD" in MRP type and tried with "R1" Time phase req. But, the precondition for this is to maintain "Forecast req". This is also done. But, then, the system for this material is not responding to the MRP run. It is asking to run the forecast model. We ar not using SOP.

3. The results thst you get with current setting?

A. For the planned date in PR of Monday, the delivery date in PR is on the day before monday. i.e., Friday (Saturday and sundays are holidays).

4. Expected results...?

A. For the planned date in PR of Monday, the delivery date in PR should be Thursday (the day before monday production).

Hope, i am clear in my explaination. Please revert back, if you need any more information.

Thanks and Regards

Surendra Chakka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra

Can you check your palnning calendor settings...

I think you should be using calculation rule as :

Weeks (weekdays)

Example: period start on Monday and Wednesday every week.. Add more week days if you need them excluding friday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your sincere followup in this issue.

I have changed the setting of Lot size as you specified "Weeks (weekdays)". Even after that, i am not bale to get the deliveries inthe proper days (Excluding Fridays).

I have another question related. I am still using only "PD" as MRP Type. But, literature says, to use "R1". But, if i use "R1", i am not able to do MRP run. We are not using Forecast parameters.

Thanks and Regards

Surendra