Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

PI 7.11 ESB hangs on startup

Hi Gurus

Would love your help with this one!

We have a PI 7.11 SP4 landscape and a particular user cannot launch the QA server's Enterprise Services Builder. She used to be able to, but now when she clicks on the link, she gets the login prompt, enters her details and then an "ESB process" appears on the Windows taskbar. This process can't be maximized or right-clicked on to do anything useful.

The weird thing is, if she tries to launch the Integration Builder from the same server, it works. If I try to launch the ESB, logging in as me or XISUPER, on her PC, it also works. If she tries to launch the ESB from any other server than the QA server, it also works! Nobody else has a problem, so I assume the server is correct and, since she can use ESB elsewhere, that the Java installation on her PC is fine.

I guess there's a cache or lock somewhere that I need to clear out, but where? I've bounced the server, refreshed all the caches I can think of and deleted the adapter engine cache, but no luck.

The PC's we're using are Vista ones and the backend PI server is RHEL Linux if that matters. Java runtime on Vista is 1.6 but there is also 1.4 installed.

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question