cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find where FPM_SAVE event is processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with a configuration of the FPM application HRTMC_EMPLOYEE_PROFILE. This is a standard application for Talent Management.

One of the embedded Web Dynpros for example is HRTMC_TP_CAREER_GOAL.

When the Save button is pressed, I can't see where the code is executed to update the HR data in the backend. I would have expected to see this in the method PROCESS_EVENT of the component controller, but this method is empty in the web dynpro. The data does get saved in the backend so something is definitely doing it. I've tried a SQL trace and have found the code that is being executed, but an external or session breakpoint doesn't cause the debugger to start so I'm a bit stumped.

Can anyone help with this please?

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible that there is a Shared component which does the event handling or there may be a assistance class or any other Singleton class which might be doing the job.

I would try to find out which Shared component or feeder class is being used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an assistance class which I've already checked, but now that you mention a Shared Component I believe there may be one of those present. I'll have a look on Monday...

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're a star!

The WDDOINIT method in the component controller of web dynpro HRTMC_TP_CAREER_GOAL attaches a Shared Data component (HRTMC_TP_SHARED_DATA). This implements the interface IF_FPM_TRANSACTION, containing method SAVE which is what I was looking for

Thanks,

Vindaloo

Answers (0)