cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI issue!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in need of desepearte help to try and resolve this issue. I have an SCA in NWDI that I was able to import without a problem into Development. Now the problem is when I move onto consolidation, it is throwing an error with the following:

Import canceled

Reason: The version(s) you want to import are lower than the system state version(s)

It is not possible to import a lower version again

This is not the case because I am trying to import the newest version but for some reason, it does not see it that way. I found a note that says how to force this, but I couldn't seem to follow the exact steps they were taking to force it through. The following is a link to the note: https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=973346 (Point 4)

Are there any ideas that anyone has to help me resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabel,

Check the SAP NOTE Note 973346 - CMS support tool: Support for special DB queries.

Using the tool you can delete the System State of the SCA file.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still a little unsure about this. But is this a completely different tool that is being used besides the CMS gui?

I tried to put in my http://,cmshost>:<port>/CmsSupportTool but says the resource does not exist. Does this mean I can't do that step now?

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Gabel,

Within the Note you have a sda file which you need deploy to use the tool.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pramad,

So I have the SDA file, but I'm a little unsure of where to put it and the steps after that. Could you please guide me in the right direction here.

Thanks,

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok let's start with NWDI version:

What is the Version on NWDI?

7.0 or 7.1

If 7.0 you can deploy the sda file using SDM or JSPM.

To open SDM on the server side go to

/usr/sap/Domain Name/instance no/SDM

To open JSPM on the server side go to

/usr/sap/Domain Name/instance no/j2ee/JSPM

After the deployment, go to url http://<host name>:<port no>/CmsSupportTool/main.jsp

within this you will find Delete System State

Click on that and provide the Domain and the Track where you are having problem.

Once you select the track you will have to select the system in your case it will be Consolidation.

And also provide teh vendor and the component name which you want to delete and click on button search.

In the search results you will find the component and a button to delete the system state.

Most of the details as to how to delete the system state is provided in the Note 973346.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try below steps.

1. Login to NWDI

2. Go to Change Management Service link and go to CMS configuration page.

3. CLick on the Domain Data button. Click on Update CMS.

Sometimes , it happens that Track Sofrware components don't get updates from SLD

Solution: Hit button "Update CMS" in Domain Data on CMS Configuration page.

Thanks and Regards,

Vipul Kaswala