cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java-based IDOC adapter (idoc_AAE) on PI 7.3 - error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I created a simple file-to-idoc scenario using a receiver idoc adapter on our java-only SAP PI 7.3 system. Now, I get this error:

IDoc: Error while processing the received messagecom.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: IDoc: Connection Factory name for channel <communication channel name> is null

I looked around on SDN and the Service Marketplace, but didn't find anything.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>IDoc: Error while processing the received messagecom.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: IDoc: Connection Factory name for channel <communication channel name> is null

The error says the connection string specified is invalid in the idoc receiver cc. Check with BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the 'manual' option, so I do not specify the Connection Factory name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the RFC destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION. Check this connection on NWA and in the Resoucer Adapter Connection Factory. For more detailed information, please carry out the help pages below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/c2/91865252c84716b3b8be394851c9c0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

I checked the link you provided and it seems the one I'm looking for, but...

Within the JCA resources, I added a resource for outboundRA. I named it <SAPSID>CLNT<client>.

Within that one, I added SAP client, System ID, user, password, server name, port & language.

The RFC destination <SAPSID>CLNT<client> I already created within the NWA.

In my receiver IDOC adapter, I've entered in the RFC client parameters part this:

Connection Factory Name (reuse NWA configuration: <SAPSID>CLNT<client>

Interface version: 4.0 or above

SAP Release: 7.30

But I still get the error I initially mentioned in this thread.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Did you resolve this issue?  We have the same problem.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I got the error out of the system...

Make sure you created the RFC destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION (with that exact name) within the NetWeaver Administrator.

Also, create the necessary partner profiles on the back end system.

Within the Integration Directory, I created a receiver IDOC adapter and put the RFC parameters to manual.

Hope this helps. If not, please revert back to me.

Kind regards,

Dimitri