cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create universes for crystal reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions -

1. I have to develop reports using crystal reports with different set of data for each report (i.e. a different SQL query for each report). Do i need to create a universe for each report?

2. How to create a universe for using it in a crystal report? I have complete BO installed on the server which i can access through remote desktop. However, all i have on my local system is crystal reports. Do i need to install BO on my local machine also or i can use the Universe Builder on the server to create universes there?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Moved to BOE Universe Design Forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need not install BO on your local machine. Crystal reports is sufficient from your end to develop reports.

You can design a Single Universe from "Designer" tool which can cater to multiple report requirements.

Regards,

Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamsee. I got my second question answered.

However, my data requirement for every report is different. It should be based on some specific business rules for each report. So, having one universe as a superset would not suffice. Is there any other way i can pull only specific data for each report, based on it's business rules? something like a SQLQueryDataSource in Actuate?

former_member207342
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, Business Rule is changing report to report. So when you say Business Rule does it mean the calculation of measures. If that is so then Single universe with different measure should be enough for you.

We do not create different universe for each report if Business changes.

--Kuldeep