cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Substitution Rules link

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When we upgraded from SRM 4.0 to SRM 7.0, we had to retrain the approvers on how to set up substitutes. The problem I am having is explaining where the actual link is. The small icon to get the drop down has no explanation and users tend to confuse it with another icon on the screen directly above.

I would really like to move Manage Substitution Rules to the front and make it more visible to the approvers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to if this is possible? Are there any other options? I already looked at "personalize view" but that did not appear to be the answer.

Monique

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monique,

We are getting the same complaints from our user community about the non-descriptive icon. What we are planning to do is create a hyperlink in the left nav which takes them directly to the manage substitution page.

Gabe

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great! Can you let me know how you will accomplish this?

Monique

former_member578547
Participant
0 Kudos

do you want a program to maintain Substitutes ??

Balaji.T

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No. I've already got that. I want to make the manage substitution rule link visible on the initial approver screen without explaining to them to click on the non-descriptive icon in order to get the drop down list to select manage substitution rules.