cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out who has deleted a template

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

In my system, a project template was deleted.

It was in status "created" before, so it was possible to delete it for all users with the corresponding profile.

Now I would like to find out who has deleted it. Is this possible?

I assume that all data of the template is deleted, so it is not possible to find this information, right?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

To my knowledge there is nothing like Deleting an object in cProjects they can only be Archived. One cannot delete a template right away, there is a process or sequence of steps to achieve deletion affect (archiving). In first place you need the authorizations to SAP_CPR_TEMPLATE_ADMINISTRATOR role. Once you have this role the templates needs to be moved through various statuses and then finally gets to Flag for Archiving, once you set the status flag for Archiving there are couple of back end jobs to be run that will actually delete / Archive the template. But still if you have added this template to your Favorites on the dash board you will still be able to get to it.

Now I would like to find out who has deleted it. Is this possible?

This is possible. Go to the data base tables, I don't have them on top of my head will update the thread later.

I assume that all data of the template is deleted, so it is not possible to find this information, right?

No all the data is not deleted it is only archived. You should still be able to retrieve this information from Archives.

Hope this helps you close this thread.

regards

N K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Please refer the below links to clear your doubts regarding the deletion of a template in cProjects.

1. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/en/1b/8590f5dc225b44b8bf75ad4c85fda9/content.htm

2. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_cpro31/helpdata/de/cd/e8f1b0e620453795b054398c5b8471/content.htm

regards

NK

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Archiving would have been the right solution here, and archiving works fine.

Deletion is not possible as soon as the template is released.

However, in this (exceptional) case, the template was not released, so it was still possible to delete (which is generally OK from my side, because you can cleanup templates that you might have just created accidentally)