cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee name visualization in Business Card

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke!

I am trying to display the whole employee name in the orgchart but I am not able to get it. We are using Nakisa 3.0. I did a lot of tests modifying different xml and xsl files but I didn't get anything. I have enlarged the OrgUnitBox (via xml or AdminConsole) but it is not possible to display the whole name. Could you tell me what xml file/s I have to change in order to display de whole name?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Stephen for your reply, but I have changed the attribute "width" in both files and nothing happened.

Luke, that is just I wanted to know, how can I get the complete name instead of "..."

Thanks,

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which file did you change it in? The files under ...root/Templates_SAP?

If you want to be sure that a) you have the right file and b) it is taking effect, then try putting some hard coded text before the field out.

i.e. same files ... hard code "HELLO" before the employee name

In sapemployeenamexsl.xsl - notice the width is specified here also

<text width = "250" class="EllipsisText">
   HELLO<xsl:value-of select="/cds/data/record/field[@name=$EmployeeName]"/>
 </text>	

Similarly in sappositionnamexsl.xsl ...

</xsl:attribute>
  HELLO<xsl:value-of select="/cds/data/record[1]/field[@name=$fieldname]"/>
</text>

Do they appear? If not, then we've got the wrong file or your change isn't taking effect.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. Thank you very much.

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Stephen's post might be the solution you are looking for. I just wanted to know if you meant you wanted the full name to display instead of being cut off with "..." when it is a long name.

Best regards,

Luke

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem is that in 3.0 the XSLT has a width applied so it is restricting the size for the name in the boxes (view). I presume this is what you refer to - wondered why you said "in Business Card" in the title of your post.

If it is a problem in the view boxes ... look at the XSLT used in the view, found under Templates_SAP

sapemployeenamexsl.xsl for Employee Name

sappositionnamexsl.xsl for Position Name

In each XSLT look for the width attribute being set.

<xsl:attribute name="width">
                  <xsl:value-of select="250"/>
                </xsl:attribute>

Regards,

Stephen