Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a IDOC from Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Production system and we have a falied IDOC in Production .

Now we can reprocess the Failed idoc again .

I would like to know is there any ways to delete the Falied IDOC from Production itself

I mean can we delete the generated failed idoc so that we dont have that idoc in Production itself.

Appreciate valuable inputs

K.Nadesh Kumar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Archive & Delete the Idocs from SAP R/3

1) First we need to archive the Idoc using program RSEXARCA

2) Then delete that Idoc by program RSEXARCD

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple deletion is not possible, I believe due to auditing reasons. The message has arrived and might contain important business data, so it must not disappear without traces. You could set a status like 68 for irrelevant inbound IDocs.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi

I agree that it has arrived with some wrong business data and now since according to business we have identified

the exact data so is it possible to delete the whole idoc . The reason why i am asking is that we receive invoice business

data from legacy to SAP - EWM through IDOC and the same gets processed . Suppose we have a situation from legacy wrong data is received and we have created the IDOC in SAP . We can always request the legacy people to send the correct data

So i was wondering if i could delete my error idoc in production my legacy team can resend the data .

So is there a best way to do this .

Suggestions are highly appreciated as i am facing this issue regularly .

Regards

K.Nadesh Kumar

0 Kudos

WE11 - Will delete the idoc regardless of their processing types.

And in case error happens regularly ,Please check "IDoc error handling" .

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks