Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: new challenge with maintenance cycle

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I have got the following messages for transaction 8157 SDMJ (created from 8156 SDCR):

Header Data No maintenance cycle is open for the current system

Item 1 The item category 'SRVP' is not permitted for product 'SUPPORT_HOTLINE'.

My questions are:

1) Is the product maintenance obligatory for ChaRM?

2) how to detour these errors?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is required for SLA contracts in service desk otherwise Product is not required.

It is not mandatory at all.

For no maintenance cycle open error..........check if you have entered the PRD system IBase in the Change doc and sdmj.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 3, 2011 4:50 PM

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate you Prakhar for answer,

Seems that product was assigned to message dut to the wrong role assignment in project admin. That was corrected.

Now I recreated a SDCR doc and then SDMJ by Change Manager. All credentials such as subject and participants were filled.

But I get error No maintenance cycle is open for the current system again.

I'm sure that I filled productive system also. I have maintained my PRD in SMSY then generated iBase (system has already existed), even in SCC4 I assigned role for productive client. But still get the error.

Where could be the problem with the 1st part of my message?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mainly this errors occurs due to locked maintenance cycle so goto solar_project_admin and then unlock by right click on the top or it may be due to wrong ibase other ,possible reasons are

- The IBase is wrong: The IBase/component must represent the production system in the project landscape.

- Lack of authorizations: Assign role "SAP_SOCM_ADMIN" or "SAP_CM_ADMINISTRATOR_COMP" (or equivalent) to the user who would like to approve the change request.

- Project is locked in table /TMWFLOW/PROJMAP: If an error is detected during the processing, then the project might be locked in this table. The customer can unlock it by pressing the refresh button under tab "System Landscape" -> "Change Requests". If there are other error messages shown during the refresh process, the customer must fix those errors beforehand.

P.S. The 'Check' button under tab 'Change Requests' (the same as transaction /TMWFLOW/CHARMCHK) will only do the checking. On the other hand, the 'Refresh' button will do the checking and update the relevant database entries.

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

check the above reasons mainly refresh

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jun 3, 2011 5:36 PM

Answers (0)