cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Destination test failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to integrate the java webdynpro applications in the portal. After creating the JCO , I tried to test it but I was getting the following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=dqr3imcom5702 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DR3 MSSERV=sapmsDR3 PCS=1 ERROR hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' unknown TIME Fri Jun 3 04:43:29 2011 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -2 MODULE niuxi.c LINE 1529 DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' not found SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r COUNTER 2

I have created the corresponding entries in the host and services file for the hostname :" dqr3imcom5702" and message server: "sapmsDR3".

Is there any thing else which is to be done?

Also the following error can be seen when running the webdynpro application:

Caused by: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=dqr3imcom5702 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DR3 MSSERV=sapmsDR3 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' unknown

TIME Fri Jun 3 05:13:30 2011

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -2

MODULE niuxi.c

LINE 1529

DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' not found

SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r

COUNTER 2

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:254)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.getProvider(ProviderFactory.java:146)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getProvider(DdDictionaryPool.java:97)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:79)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdDictionaryPool.getDictionary(DdDictionaryPool.java:48)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getDataType(DdBroker.java:154)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdBroker.getSimpleType(DdBroker.java:175)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.datatypes.core.DataTypeBroker.getSimpleType(DataTypeBroker.java:242)

... 34 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.ProviderFactory.internalGetProvider(ProviderFactory.java:229)

... 41 more

Caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=dqr3imcom5702 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=DR3 MSSERV=sapmsDR3 PCS=1

LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' unknown

TIME Fri Jun 3 05:13:30 2011

RELEASE 700

COMPONENT NI (network interface)

VERSION 38

RC -2

MODULE niuxi.c

LINE 1529

DETAIL NiPGetHostByName2: hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' not found

SYSTEM CALL gethostbyname_r

COUNTER 2

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJRfc.java:518)

at com.sap.mw.jco.MiddlewareJRfc$Client.connect(MiddlewareJRfc.java:1086)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.connect(JCO.java:3255)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:91)

at com.sap.dictionary.runtime.mdi.DataProvider.<init>(DataProvider.java:123)

... 46 more

Can anyone please help?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I went to SMGW and checked the hostname. It was correct. The portal sld was changed to point to another sld. Do I have to restart the portal server for changes to take effect? The error could still be found even after the sld is created.

Regards,

Rahul

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, it should be ok by now, but it won't hurt to restart anyway

Are you sure you are getting the same exception "hostname 'dqr3imcom5702' unknown"? By now I would expect a different error though...

Robin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

Restart did the trick!! Thanks a lot for your answer..

Regards,

Rahul

P.S: I have awarded the points..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robin,

The modifications to the host file has already been done in the portal server and I am able to ping it from the portal server.

Am I missing anything else?

Regards,

Rahul

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is really weird... Are you sure you are using the correct hostname and service?

To check the correct names, login to your backend server and use transaction SMGW > Goto > Parameters > Display and check the hostname and service name values specified

Cheers,

Robin

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I might be stating the obvious, but the modifications on hosts file, have you done these on the server the Web Dynpro application is running on? Modifying on your local desktop will not help, since the JCo connection will be done from NetWeaver server

After your modifications to the hosts file on the NetWeaver server, have you restarted the NW server?

Also, I would recommend using the fully qualified domain name

Hope this explaiins!

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but it is not helpful

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.