Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert mails not triggering

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to create alert category which should trigger in case of failures. I created the alert category and tested it using RSALERTTEST.

I have added only my id in the fixed receipients list.

I am able to see the alert in the inbox of the XI server. But i am not getting any mails. i am not sure what could be the problem.

we have the same kind of alerts in the Production. it was working fine in the beginning, but now it has also stopped working.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you setup SCOT?

/people/pravesh.sharma/blog/2009/07/02/configuration-for-forwarding-alerts-as-emails

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI lavanya,

Just go through the links [LINK1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0a27c01-26b0-2c10-bd8a-94498efa7ff6?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] ,[LINK2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172154?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] and ask your Admin to configure your main in SCOT.

Regards,

Naveen.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

--> Run the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER and check the log for any errors, and make sure that for both IE and AE errors you are getting alert.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. check your service for external communication is activated or not in the tcode - SMICM., if not then activate it.

2. Check your mail configuration is correctly configured in XI system using tcode - SCOT.

3. Check that you interface is successfully pushing the alert mails by doing a test run and check the tcode - ALRTINBOX. or from your RWB alert inbox.

4. if there are alert mails lying then it is definitely the problem with the configuration so check step 1 and step 2.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Ask your BASIS consultants to check whether your Mail Server port is open for PI (Dev / QA/ Prod )server.

Regards

Praveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have maintained your mail server host and port in tcode SCOT.

Regards