cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Purchase info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap gurus

When we create an Purchase info record in conditions we mention the NET PRICE and when we come to PR and in PR when we the Purchase info record no is entered in it, why we have to entered the Valuation Price again why dont it take the gross price from info record and in that what is the use of Info record in PR

Can you please explain me

Thanks and regards

kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Material price in PR picks from material master. Info record used for as souce on information on purchasing.From Info record, you can find last PO price & last PO{ME1L & ME1P} and material vendor relation.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Info records are created specific to a vendor.But Purchase requisitions are created for internal purpose and not meant to be sent to vendors. So the price is taken from the material master.

And the PIR comes into picture on creating purchase orders.

Regards

Divya

0 Kudos

Hi,

The price in purchase requisitions is not defaulted from the info records,

but from the material master records instead.

Also, you coul check the F1-on-line help of the field 'Valuation price'

(EBAN-PREIS) regarding this matter:

".- If a material master record exists for the requested material, the

price is automatically taken from the valuation price field.

.- If no material master record exists, you must enter a price when

creating the purchase requisition."

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First thing is PR is an internal document and it only pick MMR price. Info record is for external document only

Regards

AKM

amitbakshi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

The PR will start taking the Price automatically (in Valuation Tab) once a PO is created in the system.While making a PO if you have info record check in Material Tab of Item details it will update every-time there would be a change in price as the Price is updated in the Material Master, provided you have maintained Moving Average Price as "V" and the Material is valuated for Stock.

Purchase Info Record is a combination of Vendor + Material and is maintained at Plant / Purchase Organization level.

Hope it helps,

Best regards,

Amit Bakshi